Product Manager, Spanish Reading
Come develop new online Spanish reading programs that engage students and drive learning gains. Collaborate with a passionate team of instructional experts, designers and engineers to apply market, academic and student engagement research to digital lesson development. You’ll take the lead, brainstorming new approaches to product and process, synthesizing expert opinions and iterating with the team until each learning experience is maximally impactful.
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person
Why join this team:
Product Managers are the heart and soul of the team. They forge connections and facilitate collaboration across departments because they know the best way to create a great learning solution is to bring together diverse voices and continuously iterate. If you are interested in creative collaboration, problem solving and impacting students, then our team is the place for you.
The impact you’ll have:
- Become an expert on our products, the issues faced by teachers in the classroom, and the latest industry trends
- Work with Spanish reading experts to define learning objectives and success criteria for new reading offerings
- Work cross-functionally with editors, designers and engineers to develop working prototypes
- Work with UX Research team to define a research plan to determine effectiveness and engagement of prototypes
- Iterate! Iterate! Iterate!
- Through the development process, serve as product owner; define requirements, draft stories and manage backlog and product feature decisions
- Collaborate closely with Project Manager / Scrum master and actively participate in Agile ceremonies such as sprint and release planning and daily scrums
- Once launched, monitor performance of new offerings (through data and customer feedback) and plan and implement improvements to further impact student gains
Who we’re looking for:
- At least 3 years demonstrated experience with developing interactive products in a product ownership capacity
- Proven ability to lead both internal and external teams with excellent management skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills. You will be regularly collaborating with other team members and stakeholders.
- Ability to initiate, foster, maintain, and manage others toward positive working relationships with all cross-functional internal teams and external vendors
- Ability to work in a self-directed way
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Gaming, kids’ entertainment or education sector experience desired
- Spanish proficiency highly desired
Compensation & benefits:
Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.