People Learning Manager
At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
At CA, we believe in the power of learning, and it is infused in everything we do. This is an opportunity to more formally create a culture of learning in the organization through spearheading our employee and people leader learning programs. As the People Learning Manager, you’ll lead the development, curation, and delivery of learning content that employees use throughout their career at CA, from onboarding through development and promotion. You will have a strong focus on people leaders, providing them with tools to be world-class people managers, and on high potential next level leaders, providing them with learning to get to the next stage in their CA journey. You will partner with executive leaders to define success, determine focal areas for training and development, and design complex learning solutions in a scalable way to support a fast-growing company.
The impact you’ll have:
- Identify and define the learning needs for people managers, and design complex, scalable solutions to address those needs
- Design learning paths that include a blend of in-person, virtual, asynchronous, and peer learning experiences
- Design learning to develop leaders at various stages of their careers, from first-time people managers to seasoned executive leaders
- Become an expert on our products and services, the latest industry trends in leadership development, and principles of adult learning
- Successfully design and facilitate professional development for large and small-scale conferences, ensuring engagement and rigorous thinking both in person and online
- Synthesize feedback and input from stakeholders across teams to ensure learning experiences best match the needs of leaders
- Lead design processes that are inclusive of diverse perspectives and seek to create equity in how the work is done and defined
- Design and implement onboarding learning to support employees in their first week and first year
- Oversee analysis of robust data from surveys, field observations, self-study courses, and performance-based assessments to inform learning and development strategy
- Serve as a critical thought partner to executives and functional people leaders in developing learning plans, and partner with HR Business Partners in identifying and growing future and current people managers
Who we’re looking for:
- Ability to generate innovative solutions to challenges and adapt to the changing needs of a complex organization
- Demonstrated ability to apply expertise in adult learning to session design in various formats (ex: in-person learning, virtual learning, asynchronous courses)
- Demonstrated effectiveness facilitating adult learning
- Tenacity and perseverance to successfully deliver on priority outcomes
- Desire to work collaboratively and cross-functionally with a broad spectrum of roles
- Demonstrated ability to partner and collaborate with external partners
- Strong emotional intelligence and ability to effectively work with diverse personalities
- Proven organization and strategic planning skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of professional staff, including executive leaders
- Demonstrated ability to learn and retain new information quickly
- A strong interest in and personal commitment to anti-racism
- Desire to continuously receive and act on feedback from others
- Bachelor’s degree in education or a related field
- 5+ years of experience developing adults, with 10+ total years of experience leading learning
- Previous experience successfully managing a team
Not required, although we’d love to see:
- Master’s degree in education or a related field
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.