Senior Production Designer/Design Manager
Curriculum Associates is looking for a talented organized and collaborative Senior Production Designer /Design Manager with strong Design Prototyping, InDesign file organization and Design Management Skills to bring engaging and innovative design to our portfolio of Ready and Ready Classroom curriculum print products. The Senior Production Designer/Design Manager reports to our Creative Director, and is responsible for working independently, as well as with the internal Design Team, Content Team and Production Team to prototype, develop, produce and manage compelling visual designs from conception through to completed product.
Key responsibilities include partnering with the Content Teams to prototype, design, organize and manage highly effective educational print components; setup and organization of InDesign Files to allow for quick, iterative prototyping and clear, seamless handoff to our internal Production Team; Hands-on Design and Production skills; File organization, management and workflow development; Direct and supervise internal staff and vendor partners as needed.
The impact you’ll have:
- Work with the Creative Director and the broader CA Design Team in developing creative direction for new Ready and Ready Classroom products.
- Assist in conceptual design and execution of core and supplemental materials (print and related digital resources).
- Manage design launches and reviews and act as Design Liaison to Product Teams, ensuring all designs serve larger program and corporate initiatives.
- Design, manage and produce components and features with a focus on Teacher and Student usability, never losing focus on the idea that engaged learners are better learners.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously from concept through completion.
- Collaborate with the Project Manager and ensuring that projects are delivered on time, within budget and to the highest level of quality.
- Contribute to establishing Design and Production Best Practices, including the creation and implementation of style guides, templates, spec sheets, branding guidelines, process documentation and streamlining of design and production workflows,
What we're looking for:
Successful candidates will thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment developing innovative Educational Curriculum Design:
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related discipline and a minimum of 5 experience in print design, managing multiple project assignments and design/production processes
- Highly organized and able to set up prototype files (i.e. style sheet guru) to allow for quick, iterative changes as we test and refine designs. Experience with CMS workflows and xml content tagging a plus
- Takes changes in Design direction in stride and is willing to make myriad, minute changes as we move from rough concept to pixel-perfection
- Proven success at developing collaborative working relationships with team members within and across disciplines, and able to thrive in a variety of team settings (one-on-one, small/large group, remote)
- Passionate about designing, exploring and consuming print and digital media
- Expert knowledge of all areas of the print design process, including layout, typography, and page composition.
- Expert proficiency in Adobe CC suite of applications (PS, AI, INDD); proficiency with Microsoft Office. (Mac OS)
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.