Product Director of Assessment Platforms
A thriving, mission-driven educational technology and service organization, Curriculum Associates produces and delivers award-winning curriculum, assessments, and professional services to thousands of K-8 School Districts and millions of teachers and students across the nation. We are seeking a Product Director to own the product direction and execution of our digital assessment platforms.
In this role, the Product Director will lead cross-functional teams and collaborate with SMEs from across the organization to drive the creation and evolution of existing and new assessment platforms. They will work closely with the strategy, research, psychometric, and assessment content development teams to define new assessment offerings and improvements to existing offerings and own the execution of the platform deliverables from early definition through market delivery and maintenance. They will be a leader in the software product management organization; mentoring and managing other product managers working on the platform assessment projects and collaborating with their product and engineering peers to deliver their portion of the overall roadmap.
- Collaborates closely with the strategy, assessment content development, and psychometrics/research teams to come to definition of new assessment products as well as improvements to existing offerings.
- Owns the assessment platform portions of the overall product roadmap, driving projects end-to-end, from the research phase through definition, execution, delivery, and into maintenance.
- Leads members of the platform product management team in their work with design, engineering, subject matter experts, content developers, and stakeholders.
- Facilitates conversations about product plans, ideas, and designs with technical and non-technical stakeholders for feedback and iteration
- Collaborates with marketing and assessment teams to create go-to-market plans and collateral for the assessment portion of the roadmap.
- 8+ years of related experience; at least 3 years of experience managing a team
- Expert level knowledge of digital assessment products; experience with computer adaptive tests a plus
Proven experience working with assessment content and/or psychometrics/research
Knowledge of and experience with various assessment platforms and vendors
- Extensive experience collaborating and partnering with engineering leadership to assist in the development of technical specifications; experience with agile development methodologies and tools
- Understanding of accessibility requirements and production processes to support accessible materials
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to work with multiple business unit leads to achieve outstanding results
- Proven track record of effective decision-making and solid judgement
- Experienced leader, with strong management skills and ability to coach, provide feedback and grow talent
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.