IT Support Specialist
At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
The Support Systems Specialist will deliver effective tier 1 support to users, partners, and key stakeholders in a timely, professional, and customer-oriented demeanor. The Support Systems Specialist will serve as the primary point for incoming support inquiries and ensure the reliability and operation of various end-user computing systems. This person will actively use our KACE ticketing system to effectively manage support issues and communicate/document issues for escalation to support groups within Curriculum Associates.
The Impact You'll Have:
- Provide technical assistance and day-to-day support for local and remote incoming inquiries related but not limited to computer systems, software, hardware, printers, and phones.
- Walk through the problem-solving process with staff both local and remote and respond via email, KACE ticketing system, and phone after leveraging diagnostic programs and other utilities to find resolutions to problems.
- Help the team document processes and procedures, including troubleshooting steps, and write end-user instructional manuals, guides and knowledge base articles to post and maintain on our KACE service desk portal.
- Ensure timely processing of On/Off boarding staff (i.e., new hire/termination process).
- Utilize existing Curriculum Associates policies and procedures and apply in support situations as required.
- Assist with system patching and coordinate with the IT Infrastructure team on larger scale upgrades, deployments and security initiatives.
What You Bring:
- Have strong organizational skills, problem-solving skills, and are detail orientated.
- Have strong customer service skills with high concern for customer satisfaction.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Knowledge of Helpdesk Applications (e.g., KACE, Druva inSync, Sophos SafeGuard, etc.).
- Experience providing tier 1 support with in-depth knowledge of desktop/application troubleshooting.
- MS Office 365 Productivity Suite, (e.g., Skype for Business, OneDrive, etc.) both past and current, with aptitude to pick up new application support quickly.
- Basic understanding of networking concepts, including: DNS, DHCP, and TCPIP and how it relates to the desktop environment.
- Experience with desktop maintenance tools (e.g., built-in Mac tools, diagnostics tools, CCleaner, etc.).
- Experience with Active Directory user and group administration.
- Enjoy working in a collaborative environment where priorities shift to meet the needs of the organization.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in IT-related field or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years’ experience in IT Support Services, PC, Mac troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Experience with telephony systems and contact center management.
- Microsoft/Apple Certifications preferred.
Location: Once it is safe to return to the office, this role will be located at our Tucson, AZ office. Candidates must be willing to relocate close to the area if hired.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.