Senior Human Resources (HR) Business Partner - Greensboro, NC
Senior Human Resources (HR) Business Partner
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
We are looking for a Senior HR Business Partner to join our dynamic People & Culture team at Curriculum Associates, a Boston Business Journal Best Places to Work company five years running! The HR Business Partner will work with the business leaders to drive, create and implement talent strategies to enable high-growth business outcomes. The right candidate will be skilled in implementing talent practices, being a trusted thought partner and confidant for leaders, and driving change initiatives. Experience in a dynamic, high growth environment that values its people, mission and culture is key.
The impact you’ll have:
- Develop and implement programs that support achievement of business goals
- Work with the business to create optimal organizational design based on growth plans
- Advise on people and cultural issues and ensure proper resolution
- Coach managers on all aspects of talent management
- Provide expertise in technical and regulatory aspects of employment including hiring, termination, performance management, and total rewards
- Partner with the business and talent acquisition team on key talent initiatives like workforce planning, hi-potential employee development and manager training
- Guide talent review discussions with leaders with balance and honesty
- Integrate diversity, equity and inclusion best practices into all aspects of talent management
- Enable business change through planning and communications
- Guide succession planning activities
- Use data and analytics to understand talent trends
- Provide People & Culture program advocacy, communicating the business value of talent initiatives and managing talent program roll outs to minimize business disruption and maximize impact
- Trusted and credible partner with experience providing expert employee relations and consultative services to managers and employees
- Provider of consistent excellent service, going above and beyond to provide a positive employee experience
- Demonstrated employee relations experience with issues based on regulations, policies and practices
- Experience researching, interpreting employment laws (state and federal) accurately and consistently
- Experience integrating diversity, equity and inclusion best practices into talent management practices
- Ability to identify learning and development needs and partner internally to roll out impactful learning opportunities
- Strong emotional intelligence and ability to effectively work with diverse personalities on employee relations issues that are often sensitive in nature, maintaining discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to use data to provide manager level recommendations
- “Roll up the sleeves” mentality with strong planning and execution skills
- Excellent communication skills and confident presence
- Highly responsive, organized and detail oriented
- Ability to be flexible and handle multiple priorities with a sense of urgency
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- 8+ years of progressive work experience in HR in high-growth environment, technology company experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree required
- Experience with HRIS systems and applications
- High proficiency with MS office
Location: Greensboro, NC or North Billerica, MA. Currently, Curriculum Associates employees are working remotely due to Covid-19. Once it is safe to go back into the office, many of the team members will return to our home office in North Billerica, MA, however, we encourage folks from across the U.S. to apply to this role! If not in the greater Boston area, you should expect to travel to Boston at least twice per year for team meetings (once it is safe to do so).
Compensation: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K. If North Billerica based, onsite fitness center, weekly fitness classes, game room, subsidized café, and shuttle to/from Boston.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.