Interactive Art Director
At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Curriculum Associates is looking for a talented and collaborative Interactive Art Director to create clear, engaging, and equitable art content for our digital assessments. Working closely with the Senior Director of Product Design and Lead UX Designer, an Art Director at Curriculum Associates is a strong analytical and conceptual thinker who work across multiple products and demonstrate strong technical and organizational skills. The right person will relish working closely with subject matter experts, editors, product managers, and engineers to transform educator and student user needs into powerful interactive experiences.
Key responsibilities include partnering with the Lead UX Designer and Assessment Editorial Team to illustrate and art direct highly effective assessment illustrations and graphics, evolving and refining our assessment art style, and developing style guides.
The impact you’ll have:
- Creation of spot art, narrative art, infographics, and tech art for Math and Reading for a variety of ages (Kindergarten through 8th grade)
- Ability to manage and direct internal and external illustrators in a variety of art styles
- Participating in concept development with editorial, design, and product
- Using iterative and collaborative design techniques to transform new concepts to final art through the creation of storyboards, sketches and production-ready assets
- Ensuring all visuals are research-driven, user-focused, highly engaging, and relevant to students of various abilities and varied demographics such as gender, ethnicity, race, and age
- Maintaining, updating, and improving existing content
- Creation and management of style guides and art processes
What we’re looking for:
- 7+ years art directing compelling illustrated content, preferably for educators and students
- A track record of creating innovative and thoughtful products that improve user experience
- Experience in using research to drive creative decisions
- Strong drawing skills, and ability to work in a variety of art styles
- Highly detail-oriented and developed organizational skills including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Strong information design and communication design skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and a love for collaboration
- Proven ability to work as part of a production team in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment
- A passion for exploration and consumption of all forms of media, apps and interactive software and the vision to apply them to K-8 education
- Proficient in Adobe CC, especially Adobe Illustrator or similar vector art program
- A demonstrated record of previous achievement.
- Experience in k – 8 curricula
- Portfolio submission is required for consideration
- North Billerica, MA or Brooklyn, NY preferrable, or remote
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.