Software Engineer – Frontend
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Software Engineer – Frontend
Take one of the most innovative educational technology brands to the next level by becoming part of our rapidly growing organization. We are seeking a self-driven, passionate and talented Frontend Software Engineer that are both eager to expand their knowledge in modern frontend technologies and are passionate about helping make the world a better place. As a Frontend Engineer at Curriculum Associates, you will play be part of a high performing team that is designing and building the infrastructure for our instructional lessons and games.
The impact you’ll have:
- You will be part of a rapidly growing education company and will impact classrooms and students by your contributions to i-Ready, our award-winning K-12 education software service.
- You will experience challenges in building an automation framework for a canvas-based application.
- You will work closely with your agile development team members, product owners, and user experience designers to understand requirements and deliver solutions.
- You will help build new and innovative solutions that solve challenging software issues.
- You will experience the production process of instructional lessons, it’s challenges and will explore the opportunities to improve it.
- You will work across multiple teams to ensure that the infrastructure we are building meets the expectations of our customers within our organization.
Who we’re looking for:
- Self-driven individuals that are eager to grow their knowledge of frontend technologies.
- Problem solvers, self-sufficient individuals that can find solutions to complex problems.
- Service oriented individuals that want to understand the customers they are serving and incorporate that into the product they build.
- You are passionate about producing clear, maintainable, and testable code.
- You have experience with writing unit tests with test frameworks like Jest, Enzyme to develop high quality, well tested solutions.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments and are driven to achieve great results.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or equivalent work experience and have a good understanding of data structures and algorithms.
We’d also love to see, though not required:
- Experience of any of the following technologies is an advantage: CSS, React, Redux, Jest.
- Previous experience in building a responsive web application.
- Previous experience in building a game.
- Open-source projects, or presentations at meetups and conferences.
- Educational domain background
More about this role:
Location: Billerica, MA. Currently, all Curriculum Associates employees are working remotely due to Covid-19
Starting date: ASAP
Compensation & benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.