Public Relations Manager
*NOTE: In addition to your resume, please also submit 2-3 writing samples as part of your application. Please provide at least one professional writing submission and one personal writing submission.
About Curriculum Associates
Curriculum Associates is a rapidly growing educational technology and publishing company committed to making classrooms better places for teachers and students. Located just outside of Boston, we are an innovative, collaborative, and mission-driven company that has been recognized as a Boston Globe Top Workplace, Boston Business Journal Best Place to Work, and Software & Information Industry Association CODiE award winner.
We believe that—with the right materials and support—all children have the ability to succeed, and this idea inspires our engineering, product development, and service teams every day. Our award-winning products include both traditional published material and EdTech products such as our cloud-based i-Ready®. Our programs provide flexible resources for teachers and administrators, as well as meaningful assessments and data-driven, differentiated instruction for millions of students.
We are looking for a talented individual to join our Marketing team as a Public Relations Manager. The PR Manager will drive media relations strategies and campaigns for Curriculum Associates, supported by thought content leadership to promote the CA brand and our innovative and engaging product offerings.
The impact you’ll have:
- Help develop and drive CA’s messaging, storytelling and communication strategy for diverse stakeholder audiences
- Manage the development of all company stories and influencer relationships for industry, business, national and local media outlets
- Manage relationships and day-to-day engagement with external media firms
- Cross-collaborate with multiple internal teams, developing and maintaining communication plans to support key brand efforts, product developments, success stories, state initiatives, research, and other relevant information
- Ensure the company’s values guide every PR initiative, response, and media interaction to uphold the CA commitment to integrity and service
- Serve as the internal hub of all PR activities, developing relationships across the company, tracking and communicating out relevant media pieces to CA stakeholders
- Review relevant and competitive news stories/developments for impact on the EdTech sector and strategize appropriate responses when relevant
- Manage company awards strategy to enhance the CA brand and the standing of our programs within professional and industry communities
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in Public Relations or Communications or a similar field
- Bachelor’s degree required; degrees in Public Relations, Communications, English, Journalism or Marketing a plus
- Prior experience working for a PR agency or in-house PR team
- Exceptional communication, writing and editing skills
- Strong attention to detail
- The confidence and presence to establish successful relationships, internally and externally
- A dynamic self-starter capable of working collaboratively and independently with an ability to organize and manage multiple projects and stakeholders simultaneously
- Experience in leading and managing external partners a plus
- Proven history of developing and/or implementing effective PR campaigns both on a local and national level; previous experience implementing such campaigns in the EdTech sector a plus
- Prior EdTech or education experience is desirable
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.