Senior Inventory Accountant
Senior Inventory Accountant
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Curriculum Associates is seeking a Senior Inventory Accountant to support monthly close processes, general accounting and adoption of accounting guidance, reporting, and process improvements to gain efficiencies. The Senior Inventory Accountant will cross collaborate within the finance organization and with other CA departments such as Fulfillment Operations, Sales Operations, Finance, Treasury and Tax.
The impact you’ll have:
- Assist in month-end close activities, including account reconciliations and booking journal entries.
- Assist in month end and quarter end fluctuation analysis for both the balance sheet and income statement.
- Reconcile inventory for warehouse and state depositories; investigate and follow-up on variances as necessary.
- Evaluate the reasonableness and calculation of established inventory reserves.
- Assist in coordinating and participate in periodic physical inventory counts at all facilities as deemed necessary.
- Help build scalable accounting processes to support growth within the Curriculum Associates organization.
- Prepare year-end schedules for auditors.
- Analyze inbound and outbound freight activity.
- Partner with operations team to support internal financial systems and automation.
- Partner with technical team on design, testing and implementation of improvements to the ERP inventory system.
- Support various special projects and ad hoc tasks as necessary.
- Maintain and update internal documentation for processes.
- Support, adhere to, and help maintain strong internal control policies and procedures.
- Assist in cross-functional initiatives and communicate progress effectively.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 3+ years of accounting experience, with at least one year prior experience with inventory accounting
- Thorough understanding of generally accepted accounting principles
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to handle multiple activities
- Strong organization skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage workload and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Exceptional verbal and written communications
- Team player: comfortable operating within a dynamic, complex organizational structure and able to be flexible and collaborate with team on different projects and needs
- Strong Excel experience with Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP’s, etc.
Location: Currently, all CA employees are working remotely due to Covid-19. Once it's safe to do so, many members of the team will return to our Billerica, MA office. CA has implemented a flexible work approach, which enables employees on office-based teams to work in-office 2 days/week and remotely 3 days/week.
Compensation & Benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, vision insurance, and employer contributed 401K.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.