Educational Sales Specialist
Educational Sales Specialist
At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Under the direction of the Senior Manager of Events and Field Marketing, the Senior Sales Specialist – West will focus on supporting the West Team’s sales operations and events, while supporting the Curriculum Associates brand. This Educational Sales Specialist will be responsible for leading all event, conference, exhibit, and sponsorship logistics and vendor co-marketing activities to support regional and corporate sales and marketing objectives.
The ideal candidate will experience in the events or marketing industry and/or have worked in a similar capacity. It is essential this candidate is positive, highly collaborative, detail oriented, and metrics focused to show the ROI/success/failures of events and campaigns. The Educational Sales Specialist – West must be willing to take direction and to learn all aspects of the business while supporting the sales team and ultimately the needs of a dynamic, fast-paced, organization.
The impact you'll have...
- Coordinate and organize meetings/calls and schedules with clients and internal teams. (Including agendas, notes, follow-ups, Manage team vacation schedules)
- Provide support to the Senior Vice President of Sales, West Area, Regional Directors, and Vice President of Strategic Relationships
- Plan meetings and coordinate all West Area Conferences, Exhibits and Events
- Provide regional marketing support to the regional sales team
- Collaborate with leadership to develop, execute, optimize, and assess efficiency opportunities in our processes and practices
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders such as Sales Operations, Field Marketing, Information Technology, Customer Service, etc.
- Maintain West conference schedules and budgets (Mt. States, Pacific NW, Texas, California)
- Manage West conference, exhibit, sponsorships and event logistics (including run team calls, registration, payment, booth order, site selection, client invites, RSVPs, materials order, schedule, booth coverage, hotels)
- Act as a liaison between National Marketing Team, Events Team and National Conference Manager, and West Region
- On-site meeting and logistic support for national and local events in the West, and occasionally national events outside the West
- Maintaining and requesting educator references, client user lists and important contacts
- Request and assist with local and state-specific marketing support (including invites, flyers and ads)
- Proficient with Programs and Applications like Outlook, SalesForce.com, Microsoft Office Suite products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS365), CRM, Marketing Automation tools and search engines
- Proficient in Adobe Suites
- Strong listening and communication skills – both oral and written
- Strong interpersonal and customer centric skills – build trust and dependability
- Ongoing learner – able to learn and incorporate new and complex concepts quickly
- Results oriented – follow through to complete assignments
- Able to work independently, with some direction and collaboratively, in a team environment
- High attention to detail and ability to follow complicated directions
- Effective decision making, ownership, and accountability
- Able to handle ambiguity and favorably navigate through stressful situations and pressing deadlines
- Demonstrate integrity, ethical standards, and a professional demeanor
- Strong organizational and time management skills along with the ability to multitask
- A self-starter, disciplined and competitive professional
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem solving and analytical capability
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience
- One year of experience in customer service, sales, or teaching (or a combination)
- Or a combination of education and experience that proves competency in the requirements of the job
Compensation & Perks: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K. Ability to keep travel points earned during work travel and paid company cell phone.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.