Program Manager, Strategic Initiatives
Program Manager, Strategic Initiatives
At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
The Program Manager will play a lead role in coordinating CA’s strategy for research communications and partnerships. The role is perfect for a highly motivated, collaborative, and strategic individual who enjoys translating research for non-technical audiences, working with cross functional teams, and using data to inform their work. The right candidate will be strongly interested in helping others to use our research and sharing our research more widely to advance our mission to improve outcomes for all students.
The impact you’ll have:
- Create and maintain project management plans for research communications, including establishing release timelines, tracking stakeholder engagement, and monitoring key milestones across teams
- Partner with multiple team leads to track and implement project management plans for research communications
- Manage and facilitate project meetings to effectively develop plans and achieve goals
- Work closely with the social media team to promote CA’s research and expertise with national audiences across multiple platforms, including alerting social media team of relevant content, developing appropriate posts, and engaging with social media audiences
- Develop and implement strategies for internal communications about research and release schedules, including establishing an internal hub to help team members access key timelines, documents, and research
- Work closely with the research team to manage CA’s strategy for building and amplifying external research partnerships with universities, research organizations, and policy organizations
- Conduct regular, proactive communications to align research and partnerships strategy with priorities and efforts across multiple teams, including government relations, marketing, and product development
Who we’re looking for:
- You can manage complex projects while maintaining a high level of attention to detail and a positive, go-getter attitude
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, ideally with experience writing concise, high-level summaries and project management plans
- You can communicate effectively to a variety of audiences, including management, researchers, national education leaders, policymakers, media, and the public
- You are able to analyze, synthesize, and broadly communicate data to inform strategy
- You have experience strategically using social media and building strategic communications strategies
- You are a team player with the confidence to engage with leaders across the organization and lead meetings to drive toward project timelines and deliverables
- You have excellent problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to turn findings into strategic plans
- You build strong relationships with your colleagues and collaborate effectively across teams
- A Bachelor’s degree in communications, public policy, or related field
- Five (5) or more years of demonstrated experience in project management, communications, or public policy
We’d also love to see, though not required:
- A Master’s degree in communications, public policy, or related field
- Demonstrated expertise in state or national education agencies or with state or national policy organizations
- Knowledge of trends in national education policy, state policy environments, and how assessment data and education research impact state and local policies
More about this role -
Starting date: ASAP
Travel expectations: Less than 20% of total time. Travel for this position will likely include one semi-annual team meeting and occasional travel to national conferences or external meetings.
Compensation & benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.