Senior Interactive Designer
Senior Interactive Designer
At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Curriculum Associates is looking for a talented and collaborative Senior Interactive Designer to design clear and intuitive experiences for our Educator and Student platforms. A Senior Interactive Designer is a strong analytical and conceptual thinker who can transform ideas into products, while demonstrating strong technical and organizational skills. The right person will relish working with closely with subject matter experts, editors, product managers, and engineers to transform educator and student user needs into powerful interactive experiences.
Key responsibilities include partnering with Product and Engineering to prototype and design highly effective user interfaces, art direction and visual design of key initiatives, and developing style guides, templates and user experience patterns.
The impact you’ll have:
- Participating in concept development with editorial, design, and development teams
- Using iterative and collaborative design techniques to transform new concepts to products via storyboards/sketches/wireframes and prototypes
- Creating high-fidelity final comps, developing effective documentation for varied audiences, and collaborating closely with Agile development teams to ensure proper implementation of the designs
- Ensuring all media is research-driven, user-focused, highly engaging, and relevant to students of various abilities and varied demographics such as gender, ethnicity, and age
- Maintaining, updating, and improving existing products
- Participating, as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team, in the definition, planning and prioritization of user requirements; proactively identifying and solving potential problems within assigned projects throughout creative process
What we’re looking for:
- 4+ years designing rich interactive experiences preferably for educators and students
- Strong visual design skills and ability to create comps to establish product look and feel
- A track record of creating innovative and thoughtful products that improve user experience
- A proven understanding of UX, UI, evidence-based user-centered design, and user engagement principles
- Experience in using research to drive UX design decisions
- Strong knowledge of mobile and web interaction
- Highly detail-oriented and developed organizational skills including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Strong information design, typographic and communication design skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and a love for collaboration
- Proven ability to work as part of a production team in highly collaborative and fast-paced environment
- A passion for exploration and consumption of all forms of media, apps and interactive software and the vision to apply them to K-8 education
- Proficient in Adobe CC, Sketch, and prototyping software such as Axure or Hype
- Understanding of HTML5, iOS and other programming languages preferred
- A demonstrated record of previous achievement. Portfolio submission required to be considered.
We’d also love to see:
- Experience in K-8 curricula
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.