Senior DevOps Engineer
Senior DevOps Engineer
Curriculum Associates is a socially responsible, rapidly growing educational company located northwest of Boston, MA. We are seeking an experienced Senior DevOps Engineer who can build out and support our web infrastructure (servers, databases, networks, monitoring, reporting) as well as our processes and procedures (continuous integration, build infrastructure, test automation).
Why join this team:
This is a new position on an expanding group with work/life balance and autonomy. You will contribute to the evolution of our AWS cloud infrastructure that supports Curriculum Associates’ i-Ready SaaS application as well as internal systems.
In a single program, i-Ready integrates powerful assessments and rich insights with effective and engaging instruction in reading and mathematics to address students’ individual needs. i-Ready empowers teachers every day to make more informed instructional decisions and motivates students with access to their own personalized path to growth. Want to be part of our impact? Join us!
The impact you’ll have:
- You will develop and advance our capabilities in Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment
- You will build, operate, scale, and troubleshoot the Curriculum Associates SaaS infrastructure.
- You will enhance our monitoring tools, build infrastructure and source code management.
- In collaboration with other teams, you’ll make sure our infrastructure and applications that depend on it work together seamlessly.
- You will support other teams’ build and infrastructure needs on an as-needed basis.
- You will write tools for systems and infrastructure automation.
- As part of an on-call rotation, you’ll provide operations coverage.
Who we’re looking for:
- 3-7 years of DevOps experience (preferably in a startup environment)
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) tools and processes
- Linux sys admin experience on Amazon Web Services (EC2, RDS, CloudFront, CloudWatch, DynamoDB)
- Infrastructure as Code approaches: Puppet (or Chef/Ansible/Salt) and Terraform (or Cloudformation) experience
- Experience with MySQL, Java/Tomcat/Apache, Splunk and open-source tools for systems monitoring/management
- Experience with Git, Jenkins, and Nexus
- Experience operating a 24/7 production web application
- Comfort with working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multi-task
- General analysis/problem solving and ability to develop creative solutions
More about this role:
Location: This role can support remote work and WFH options, which will vary by your location. You’ll learn more as we discuss the position.
Starting date: ASAP
Compensation & benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.