Manager of Efficacy and Implementation Research
Curriculum Associates is seeking a Manager of Efficacy and Implementation Research to expand the company’s in-house research capacity. The Manager will report to the Director of Research and will be responsible for driving the efficacy and implementation research agenda and communicating results to various internal stakeholders and external audiences. The Manager will both conduct research and supervise others who are conducting research.
Impact you'll have:
In this role, you will work with the Director of Research and other senior leadership across CA to determine the highest priority research projects that will both illustrate the impact of our educational programs on student learning as well as identify areas for program and implementation enhancements.
The Manager of Efficacy and Implementation Research will:
- Manage team of master’s level and Ph.D.-level researchers, providing deep technical expertise on research design, analysis, interpretation, and communication. Mentor early-career team members to achieve their growth potential as researchers and educational professionals.
- Work collaboratively with various teams at CA (e.g., instruction, professional development, implementation, customer success, service), the Director of Research and other senior leadership to determine the annual research priorities for efficacy and implementation. Build research capacity at CA through the oversight of the Efficacy and Implementation team.
- Establish and manage strategic partnerships with research vendors, consultants, and nationally-recognized experts in educational research.
- Be accountable for the management of several research initiatives, ensuring that each project stays within budget, is completed on schedule, and that the results are error-free.
- Be responsible for the documentation and dissemination of research findings in a variety of internal and external settings, for a variety of audiences.
- Collaborate closely with the Director of Research and the Senior Director of Psychometrics to identify strategic ways in which team members can collaborate on a variety of psychometric, validity, and efficacy research projects to ensure cross-team functionality.
What we're looking for:
Successful candidates will have clear expertise in designing and executing a variety of complex educational research studies and using the results to drive program improvement. Qualifications include:
- A Ph.D. in educational research, program evaluation, or other related social science research methodology and 5-7 years post-PhD experience designing and executing educational program evaluation using mixed-methods, experimental, and quasi-experimental design. Exceptional candidates who do not meet both requirements but have the required expertise will be considered.
- Knowledge of the educational policy landscape, specifically the evidence-based requirements of ESSA and WWC. Knowledge and experience working with educational technology evaluation initiatives is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in implementation science is preferred, ideally in the education field.
- Experience and proven success in managing a team of researchers.
- Experience communicating complicated research findings to a variety of audiences is strongly preferred, including proven capacity in developing written materials for educators that clearly communicates research in a way that is actionable for teachers.
- Experience and proven success in identifying research/program evaluation vendors (such as through RFP process) and successfully managing vendors to project completion.
- Proven success working with districts and schools to collect qualitative and quantitative data / execute complex research studies in partnership with educators.
- Sufficient expertise with large, complex educational databases and statistical analysis software to provide technical guidance to team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Less than 10% of total time. Travel for this position will likely include two semi-annual team meetings, two semi-annual technical advisory committee meetings, and travel to national conferences when proposals have been accepted. Additional travel for specific projects may be required.
This is a remote position with the option to work in one of the following offices, if desired: Chicago, IL; Billerica, MA; or Brooklyn, NY.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.