Educational Sales Consultant - Minneapolis, MN
Educational Sales Consultant
Our Commitment to Diversity: At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Curriculum Associates is looking for an Educational Sales Consultant in Minnesota. This position reports to the Director of Sales and works closely with the Account Management and Professional Development teams in the Minneapolis region and is responsible for leading the outside sales efforts in the state of Minnesota. The ideal candidate will be passionate about education and improving the lives of students and teachers. The ideal candidate will possess strong district relationships a skill set that includes building new interdependent relationships with school and district-level administrators to promote digital and print-based programs within the Curriculum Associates portfolio.
Impact you'll have:
- Becoming an expert on the company’s product portfolio, the issues faced by teachers in the classroom and the latest educational trends at the local, state and national level
- Demonstrate effective territory management
- Establish relationships with school district leaders in targeted accounts
- Develop relationships with pilot teachers and ensure smooth implementations
- Work with district administrators on launching and maintaining successful engagement campaigns
- Deliver key sales presentations
- Represent Curriculum Associates at national and regional conferences
- Demonstrate productive and successful working relationships with internal stakeholders to include sales, service, account management, and product development teams
- Develop and implement sales plans & strategies to effectively utilize multiple resources
- Create and maintain an accurate opportunities pipeline
- Continuously and accurately forecast sales results
- Communicate information such as product needs, market conditions, promotional activities, business opportunities, sales trends, and competition strategies/activities
Who we're looking for:
- 3-5 years of experience in education or related educational sales
- Experience in a SaaS-based sales environment a plus
- Intermediate/advanced proficiency demonstrating digital/technology solutions
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office Suite, web-based presentation tools, sales contact management systems (SalesForce.com) a plus
- Position involves overnight travel
- Position involves the ability to lift and transport books and promotional materials weighing as much as 50lbs.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.