At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Curriculum Associates is seeking a Tax Clerk to assist with the overall transactional tax return/payment process, review invoices for the determination of accurate transactional tax, review of tax exemption certificates to support accurate assessment of sales tax, and keep sales tax platform updated with current customer information. The Tax Clerk will also assist with other tax department responsibilities, including management of state registrations, property tax, use tax, and support for the finance and operation teams on day-to-day matters.
The impact you'll have:
US Sales and Use Tax
- Help prepare data to send to service provider for sales and use tax return compliance
- Solicit, collect and review sales tax exemption certificates storage, entry, and maintenance
- Review purchase invoices to determine applicable use tax
- Reconcile sales and use tax accounts
- Ensure Vertex sales tax solutions has accurate Certificate information for Sales tax assessment
- Prepare tax related payment requests
- Ensure tax returns and payments are processed in a timely and accurate manner
- Assist with filing business licenses
- Assist with tax notices and assessments from tax authorities
- Provide support on internal and external sales tax inquiries
- Update and maintain tax calendars
- Assist with the preparation and file property tax returns
- Performs ad-hoc projects and process improvement initiatives as assigned
- Work closely with Accounting, Operations, Legal, and FP&A on tax related projects
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Who we're looking for:
- Prior experience with operations, customer services, billing teams
- General tax or finance experience (internship/co-op will be considered)
- Familiar with Vertex sales tax tool (or equivalent)
- Strong Excel skills (can perform complex functions)
- Team player who can work on a variety of projects simultaneously and can work independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Compensation & Benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.