Events and Communications Associate
Events and Communications Associate
What we’re looking for:
Curriculum Associates is seeking a high energy Events and Communications Associate to support and execute a range of national and regional events. This individual will work closely with the events and field marketing teams to support the overall events strategy for company events ranging from regional conferences to customer symposia. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast paced, collaborative environment and has both a creative flair and analytical skills. Applicants should be comfortable taking initiative, rolling up their sleeves, and working under pressure to execute deadlines. Someone who is well-written, organized, and detail oriented will thrive in this roll. Experience across email, web, and other digital tools to drive demand generation and build brand awareness is highly considered.
The impact you’ll have:
- This role provides a unique opportunity to tell our company story to the world, showcasing the values and products that make us unique.
- Your attention to detail will shape our presence in the marketplace, from creative conference advertising to attendee gift bags – this role is a critical touch point in our customer experience.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Planning, organizing, and executing pop-up events (small workshops, luncheons, dinners).
- Making regional conference booth arrangements.
- Attending strategic events and conferences as needed.
- Partnering with venues and vendors to coordinate event logistics, including but not limited to organizing hotel rooming lists and submitting logistical orders.
- Organizing, printing, and shipping of materials from the home office to events across the country
- Creating and deploying event-related communications, including but not limited to invitations, logistics emails, and thank-you notes.
- Supporting the creation of event-specific websites and applications.
- Event budgeting and financial reporting (specifically expense reports and settling department credit card at the end of each month).
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Prior work experience within fast-paced and frequently changing environment is highly desired.
- Interest or experience within the hospitality or event industry is highly desired.
- A creative problem solver with a high level of initiative.
- Works well under pressure, able to multi-task with strong organizational skills.
- Confident and assertive with an ability to effectively influence others.
- High degree of professionalism – an excellent written and verbal communicator.
- Strong level of intensity and commitment to providing a high level of customer service.
- Someone based in the greater-Boston area – this is a full-time position based in our Billerica, MA headquarters.
- Occasional night, weekend, and business travel will be required.
- Ability to carry and lift boxes and withstand the demands of being on your feet at events.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
This entry level position is ideal for someone who is looking to gain exposure and experience in corporate events, professional growth opportunities include…
- Industry networking
- The opportunity to negotiate and execute contracts for events
- Practice with event budget management
- Working with high-level executives to execute sales initiatives
- Travel across the country – allowing exposure to different cultures and work environments
- Experience in both internal and external corporate event planning
- Onsite leadership opportunities
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.