At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Founded in 1969, Curriculum Associates is a leading educational technology and publishing company with a mission to make classrooms better places for students and teachers. As a company, we have both a responsibility and the opportunity to reduce the effects of systemic racism for the students, educators, and educational communities we serve and for own team members. We are committed to ensuring CA is a champion of antiracist ideals in our service to schools, in our products, and our company culture. Our research-based, award-winning print and digital instruction and assessment products provide educators with the tools necessary to personalize learning for every student and help all students become college and career-ready.
Why join this team:
This position is part of our expanding DevOps group that combines teamwork, innovation, work/life balance and autonomy. You will lead the evolution of our AWS cloud infrastructure that supports Curriculum Associates’ i-Ready SaaS application as well as internal systems.
In a single program, i-Ready integrates powerful assessments and rich insights with effective and engaging instruction in reading and mathematics to address students’ individual needs. i-Ready empowers teachers every day to make more informed instructional decisions and motivates students with access to their own personalized path to growth. Want to be part of our impact? Join us!
The impact you’ll have:
- You will lead one of two teams in the DevOps organization
- You will be responsible for advancing our capabilities in Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment
- Your team will build, operate, scale, and troubleshoot the Curriculum Associates SaaS infrastructure.
- Your team will enhance our monitoring tools, build infrastructure and source code management.
- In collaboration with development teams, you’ll make sure our infrastructure and applications that depend on it work together seamlessly.
Who we’re looking for:
- 10+ years of DevOps experience, preferably on consumer SaaS products
- Experience as team lead or manager of a DevOps team in an agile/Scrum environment
- Extensive experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, RDS, CloudFront, CloudWatch, DynamoDB)
- Extensive experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) tools and processes
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code approaches: Puppet (or Chef/Ansible/Salt) and Terraform (or Cloudformation) experience
- Experience with Git, Jenkins, Nexus, Maven (or comparable recent tooling)
- Comfort with working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multi-task
Location: Currently, all Curriculum Associates employees are working remotely due to Covid-19. Once it is safe to go back into the office, this position will be required to work out of our North Billerica, MA office.
Compensation & Benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.