Senior Program Manager, Agile
We are seeking an experienced program management professional to drive delivery of innovative instructional software and content for a rapidly growing education company committed to making classrooms better for teachers and students.
This highly visible role will serve as Release Train Engineer for an Agile Release Train (ART) consisting of ~12 Scrum teams. As a servant leader, you will facilitate Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) events and processes, optimize value delivery and coordinate dependencies across Scrum teams, communicate with stakeholders, escalate impediments, help manage risk and drive relentless improvement.
Why join this team:
Our PMO is a passionate group of servant leaders supporting high-performing teams. We are committed to quality, continuously learning and relentlessly improving. Our work directly impacts the company’s goals and mission. Want to make a difference? Join us!
The impact you’ll have:
- You will ensure effective operations across Scrum teams aligned to an Agile Release Train (ART) to ensure high-quality business value is delivered, managing the flow of value through the ART.
- You will execute Train-wide processes using Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) including:
- Facilitating Program Increment Planning readiness in partnership with Product Management and Architecture
- Facilitating the Program Increment Planning event, Inspect & Adapt workshops, PI System Demo
- You will track execution and publish PI Objectives/Team progress for visibility and transparency
- You will track execution and publish progress of features and capabilities for visibility and transparency
- You will manage risks and dependencies across teams; escalate and track impediments
- You will ensure dependencies and risks outside the ART are understood and proactively managed
- You will provide input to management on resourcing to address critical bottlenecks
- You will work with Product and Engineering leadership, Product Owners, and other stakeholders to help ensure strategy and execution alignment
- You will champion SAFe adoption; Coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in Lean-Agile practices and mindsets
- You will identify and pursue opportunities to fine-tune and improve Train execution; recommend enhancements related to new and/or existing workflows based on a broad view of the organization and a Lean Agile mindset
Who we’re looking for:
- You will have 8+ years of experience in a complex project and program management role with 3+ years leading Scrum teams.
- You will have at least 2 years’ experience in the Release Train Engineer role or similar role, coordinating feature delivery across 8+ Scrum teams
- You will be a servant leader and strong communicator who can:
- Listen and support teams in problem-identification and decision making
- Encourage an environment that values mutual respect, openness, and courage
- Persuade by influence rather than authority
- Think beyond day-to-day activities
- Support teams’ commitments, personal development, and continuous growth
- Empower teams to be owners of their products and processes
- Communicate with all levels of the organization, from individual contributors to leadership
- You will have SAFe certifications, ideally SAFe RTE or SAFe SPC
- You will have a Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in Computer Science or other technical discipline; or equivalent experience
We’d also love to see, though not required:
- Program Management / Scaled Agile Framework experience in an organization with primary revenue streams derived from software product development and sales.
- PMI-ACP, Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)
More about this role:
Location: North Billerica, MA
Starting date: ASAP
Compensation & benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.