At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
The Events Specialist will assist both the Events and Field Marketing team members in supporting our educational partners around the country by creating compelling educator-facing content and events. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast paced, collaborative environment and has both a creative flair and a passion for marketing and design. The Events Specialist will be required to take on a variety of event-related tasks including running both virtual and in-person events.
- Support the creation and execution of event websites and communications
- Act as a team liaison for a multi-function team (Events & Field Marketing)
- Participate and run virtual and in-person (once safe) meetings, conferences, events, etc.
- Work with multiple stakeholders across departments
- Track team success by managing project trackers and calendars
- Help with designing collateral, marketing materials and web graphics for the field teams (burgeoning designers welcome)
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders such as Field Marketing, Marketing, Sales, etc.
- Develop innovative processes that will help in achieving the organization's goals and objectives
- Monitor, screen, and respond timely to all internal/external communications.
Who we're looking for:
- Proficient with programs and applications like Microsoft Office Suite products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Strong listening and communication skills – both oral and written
- Strong interpersonal and customer centric skills – build trust and dependability
- Ongoing learner – able to learn and incorporate new and complex concepts quickly
- Results oriented – follow through to complete assignments
- Able to work independently, with some direction and collaboratively, in a team environment
- High attention to detail and ability to follow complicated directions
- Effective decision making, ownership, and accountability
- Able to handle ambiguity and favorably navigate through stressful situations and pressing deadlines
- Demonstrate integrity, ethical standards and a professional demeanor
- Strong organizational and time management skills along with the ability to multitask
- A self-starter, disciplined and competitive professional
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem solving and analytical capability
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Previous experience in events and/or relevant intern or extra-curricular involvement is a plus
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.