Curriculum Associates is looking to hire a Senior Accountant who will help maintain and monitor the project accounting of the company. This position will be based out of Billerica under a hybrid schedule. The Senior Accountant will work closely with the R&D teams to ensure an accurate and timely month-end close cycle. This includes preparation of monthly journal entries and reconciliations, fluctuation analysis, and review of monthly results with finance leadership. You will be involved with various technical research projects as needed, as well as contribute to the development of an internal control structure which includes assessment of controls and documentation of processes.
The impact you'll have:
- Monitor project accounting system – maintain an big picture understanding of project status, including monitoring and setting up new projects, tracking and completing tasks for existing projects, and owning the labor tracking process for R&D employees.
- Prepare various month-end journal entries.
- Reconcile various general ledger accounts including Prepublication and Technology costs and related accumulated amortization, prepaids, accrued expenses, and other assets.
- Assist in Performing monthly balance sheet, income statement and budget variance analyses.
- Work with business partners in R&D to understand activity and record accurate and timely transactions.
- Work with external auditors including providing supporting schedule, test selections and answering questions.
- Assist with special projects and process improvements
Who we're looking for:
- 2-4 years corporate accounting experience (or a combination of public and corporate accounting experience).
- Understanding of U.S. GAAP.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite with strong Excel skills. Experience with Workday is a plus but not required.
- Employ problem-solving skills and analysis, and report problems to the Management, as necessary.
- Ability and readiness to embrace change.
- Process optimization focused - vision with the ability to apply practical solutions and navigate through ambiguity.
- High-level of integrity along with the ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Team player; comfortable operating within a dynamic, complex organizational structure and able to be flexible and collaborate with team on different projects and needs.
- Competence with MS Excel, particularly the ability to sort, filter, and pivot data for the purpose of analysis and presentation of conclusions.
- Strong communicator - be able to retrieve accurate, timely, and concise information from individuals outside of finance who are not within your area of influence.
- Understanding the importance of working as a member of a team and possessing willingness to achieve shared goals.
Benefits and Pay Range:
Pay Range – This role’s range is $60,750 - $99,750. The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that Curriculum Associates considers in making compensation decisions based on our Compensation Philosophy. Actual base pay within that range will vary based upon several factors including, but not limited to, prior experience and relevant skill sets. At Curriculum Associates, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances for each case. This role is also eligible to participate in the company bonus plan. The Company recognizes that minimum wage varies by location and will ensure all compensation decisions comply with applicable state and local laws.
Benefits – Benefit eligible employees (and their families) are covered by medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees can enroll in our company’s 401k plan and receive an employer match. Employees have access to a flexible vacation and sick policy in addition to twelve paid holidays and a winter office closure between Christmas and New Year's, as well as a number of additional perks and benefits
Curriculum Associates is an equal opportunity employer. The Company will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.