Regional Vice President, Government Relations
Regional Vice President, Government Relations
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
We are seeking a dynamic leader with a deep understanding of state level sales, assessment, curriculum, and policy to join our team. This leader will drive strategy and policy goals for a group of states and key organizations. The position reports to the Vice President of Government Relations and works cross-functionally to achieve goals. This leader will focus on business development at the state level and possess a keen understanding of implications legislation and policy may have on districts and schools.
Impact you'll have:
- Help students and teachers across the country achieve academic success through the use of high-quality assessments and instruction.
- Support and influence internal and external strategic direction by positioning high quality curriculum and assessment as a tool for improved outcomes for every student.
- Help Curriculum Associates make a greater impact on education by being a thought partner to State Departments of Education, Governors Offices, Legislatures, and other key state stakeholders.
Type of work you'll do:
- Managing and implementing state level strategy for RFPs or state lists to successfully influence RFP/RFI language; effectively position Curriculum Associates’ products and solutions in the state and district marketplace.
- Understanding of curriculum as well as interim and formative assessment. Possessing and maintaining knowledge of current educational and policy trends.
- Managing lobbyists for sales strategy as well as policy and advocacy goals.
- Building and maintaining relationships in assigned states with key stakeholders such as department of education assessment and curriculum teams, legislators, governors and staff, education associations, and other strong state level influencers and groups.
- Participating in national organizations and conference to further the mission, goals, and policy agenda of Curriculum Associates.
- Researching and identifying opportunities at the state level for inclusion on approved assessment, curriculum and materials lists, etc.
- Developing and executing high level, dynamic presentations to further Curriculum Associates’ position in the state marketplace and national policy arena.
- Working in complex political situations in an agnostic manner.
- Demonstrating successful skills in strategic and consultative sales practices.
- Translating complex customer business requirements and legislative/policy regulations for internal product development and product management teams.
What we're looking for:
Successful candidates will thrive working in a fast-paced remote work environment and demonstrate a strong interest in working for a mission-centric organization. Ideal candidates will also exhibit qualifications including:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation skills.
- Skilled in analyzing and translating complex customer requirements into Curriculum Associates’ internal teams to inform emerging opportunities and threats in the marketplace.
- Demonstrated effectiveness leading cross-functional teams and working with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Proven track record of business development success at state and/or large district level.
- Exceptionally well qualified candidates will also bring a deep understanding of educational assessments and curriculum to the position.
Salary and Benefits:
Commensurate with experience; excellent benefits.
At this time travel is unknown due to COVID. Some travel will be required.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.