Manager, Professional Development - Chicago, Illinois
Manager, Professional Development - Chicago, Illinois
The Professional Development Manager will have experience successfully leading a team, developing implementation plans, delivering professional development, analyzing assessment data, and working directly with school and district leaders. Working closely with the sales team and other Curriculum Associates professionals, the Professional Development Manager will be responsible for ensuring that schools and districts receive targeted professional development, ongoing in-classroom support, data analysis, daily project management, and regular communication.
- Support large district-wide implementations and adoptions of the all Curriculum Associates programs, including i-Ready online diagnostic and instruction program.
- Hire, onboard, coach, train, and manage a team of PD Specialists.
- Conduct regular formal observations, performance evaluations, and regular check-ins to ensure customers are receiving quality outcome-based PD focused on impacting student and teacher practice.
- Serve as a strong contributor within internal teams, such as sales, account management, PD Operations, Content Development etc., to identify barriers to implementation, propose solutions internally and externally, and escalate when needed
- Facilitate, adapt, and deliver professional development to various audiences, including teachers, coaches, and leaders, on how to effectively implement Ready and i-Ready to impact classroom learning.
- Provide on-site targeted support to teachers, coaches and leaders. This may range from providing lesson planning and pacing support, to helping educators analyze data and apply it to instruction, to working with leaders to identify evidence of implementation successes and challenges.
- Serve as Lead Trainer for large or strategic accounts, including managing the workflow of multiple trainers.
- Partner with sales counterpart to support new and existing business through participation in presentations and strategic meetings.
- Build and maintain strong and influential relationships with district leader and/or site leaders.
- Assist in developing and revising annual professional development plans and schedules, remove barrier to implementation, and keep abreast of progress.
- Note: The essential duties are intended to describe the general content and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific responsibilities and assignments will be provided by the incumbent’s manager.
Required job skills:
- Ability to manage, monitor, evaluate, and ensure integrity of program implementations.
- Able to provide high-quality observation and feedback coaching to elevate PD Specialist performance.
- Ability to manage a team remotely through regular communications and leveraging data reports.
- Ability to work effectively with district and school leaders.
- Growth mindset, with commitment to ongoing learning and willingness to be flexible to meet evolving educator needs.
- Evidence of a high level of trust and independence with various members of PD leadership.
- Ability to travel up to 90%.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately.
- Proven organization skills, high attention to details, and superior time management.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5+ years of teaching experience.
- Two years experience managing a remote team responsible for complex multi-district-wide implementations
- Deep understanding of business acumen.
- Understand principles of adult learning and how to apply them to professional development.
- Valid driver’s license
- Strong working knowledge of the Common Core State Standards or local state standards for Mathematics for Grades K-8 (or comparable state standards), including both the content standards and the practice standards. Understanding of the ELA Standards for K-8 also preferred.
- Fluency with using digital tools including online assessments, and a high level of comfort discussing and applying data with teachers and leaders.
- Experience with OneNote, SharePoint, Salesforce.
Physical Demands: Ability to travel via air and car. Ability to lift 50lbs (travel and printed materials). Ability to train onsite within the recommended COVID guidelines. Ability to stand for extended periods of time during trainings.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.