Director, Financial Planning & Analysis
Director, Financial Planning & Analysis
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Curriculum Associates is seeking a highly motivated, detailed oriented Director, Financial Planning & Analysis to drive R&D Project Finance efforts and lead all aspects of business analytics and strategic planning. The role will be a hand-on leader and expected to support VP, FP&A to develop a differentiated FP&A function and execute on core value propositions of the functions.
The impact you’ll have:
- Drive R&D Project Finance efforts including:
- Build out and oversee Project Finance team infrastructure to support R&D leadership and R&D operation team.
- Partner with IT for R&D time tracking system implementation- Project/Task/Process design and implement (Workday HCM system)
- Partner with auditors, accounting, and R&D leadership to streamline the CAPEX process.
- Partner with Strategy to set up and co-own an R&D project valuation model for use in conjunction with feedback from students, teachers, ISTs, product to make decisions on larger initiatives.
- Support corporate controller for project-based finance/accounting month end close/accruals.
- Set up and manage the process for project-based reporting, analytics, forecasting and budgeting
- Partner with R&D team and procurement to drive insights and add value by identifying the opportunities and execute the end-to-end changes.
- Lead the preparation of the companywide annual budget, short- term and long-term forecast.
- Lead the analysis of company’s financial performance vs budget, forecast and prior year.
- Oversee the preparation of monthly quarterly and annual MD&A for executive team and the board of directors.
- Define business issues, project manage cross functional teams and gather data inputs/ analytics.
- Develop compelling, insightful recommendations and communicate results to senior leaders at the company.
- Assist in other finance strategic initiatives, including M&A
Who we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Management, Economic, etc.
- 10+ years’ experiences in positions of increased responsibilities for financial planning, analysis, strategy development, business unit controllership and corporate finance
- 5+ years’ experience in project finance and R&D software development finance experience
- You possess experience building/leading teams to work across functions and execute strategic initiatives
- You are well-versed in managing, developing and mentoring talents
- You are a clear, concise, confident, and thorough understanding of the fundamental principles in accounting, and financial statements.
- You are a self-starter with strong initiative
- You own strong interpersonal skills and customer service-oriented mindset
- You have an innate ability to manage multiple projects on different timelines
- You are comfortable in a fast-paced, purpose-driven, collaborative environment
Location: Currently, all CA employees are working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic. When restrictions are lifted, this role could be based out of site locations in North Billerica, MA; Greensboro, NC; or Tucson, AZ. Strong remote candidates will also be considered for this position.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.