Finance Strategy & Operations Intern (Paid) - 2021
Founded in 1969, Curriculum Associates (CA) is a leading educational technology and publishing company with a mission to make classrooms better places for students and teachers. As a company, we have both a responsibility and the opportunity to reduce the effects of systemic racism for the students, educators, and educational communities we serve and for our own team members. We are committed to ensuring CA is a champion of antiracist ideals in our service to schools, in our products, and in our company culture. Our research-based, award-winning print and digital instruction and assessment products provide educators with the tools necessary to personalize learning for every student and help all students become college and career ready.
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Finance Strategy & Operations Intern
Work on strategic initiatives geared toward modernizing our support functions (e.g., Finance, Accounting, Operations). Responsibilities may include building a Digital Transformation journey and roadmap, enabling Future of Work through process improvement and automation, or enhancing Performance Management capabilities through reporting of key metrics and / or performing predictive / prescriptive analytics.
Why join this team:
Gain valuable operations transformation experience including an appreciation of how to best utilize resources (i.e., people, process, and technology) to deliver both incremental and transformational change. Work directly with Sr. Director, Finance Strategic Initiatives with exposure to the CFO and the broader executive leadership team. The duration of this internship is 10-12 weeks with a flexible start date.
The impact you’ll have:
- You’ll support a series of strategic initiatives geared toward modernizing the support operations at CA including Finance, Accounting, FP&A, Sales Operations, Legal and Procurement
- Your work will enable the business to better carry out its mission and support educators and students
- You will report to the Sr. Director, Finance Strategic Initiatives and engage with them on a regular basis
- Help to manage and deliver strategic projects; plan and achieve milestones, address risks, resolve issues and coordinate dependencies
- Collaborate with leaders from across the organization to move critical transformation projects forward
- Perform analytics to glean insights that will help inform strategic decision-making
Who we’re looking for:
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Team player with strong EQ who brings a partnership mentality
- Interest in software/SaaS and/or Education
- Detail oriented with some experience planning large work efforts and / or process improvement
- Works well independently
- Experience with MS Office: PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
- Strong Excel skills including knowledge of pivot tables, vlookups, and data visualization (e.g., charts, graphs)
- Candidate for Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (Concentration in Management or Business Administration is a plus)
We’d also love to see, though not required:
- Experience with Data Science or ability to perform advanced analytics
- Familiarity with advanced analytics tools (e.g., R, Python)
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau)
Starting date: ASAP
Location: This role is 100% remote.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.