Director of Product Strategy
Director, Product Strategy
We are seeking a Director of Product Strategy to join our Strategy team. The Director of Product Strategy will play a critical role in driving Curriculum Associates’ continued growth and impact with millions of students and thousands of educators nationwide by driving multi-million dollar investment decisions and overall direction of the company’s product development efforts.
Reporting to the head of strategy, this is a highly visible role that will work extensively with CA’s leadership teams across the organization, particularly within Product Development.
Impact you'll have:
• Develop and maintain a deep understanding of CA’s overall strategic goals and its existing assessment, instruction, and service offerings
• Serve as expert on educator needs and state/district requirements, dynamic funding sources, the competitive landscape, and overall industry trends
• Work closely with Product Development, Sales and other leaders to define product roadmap priorities, frame investment scenarios/tradeoffs, and inform sequencing of development efforts
• Identify critical questions and key analyses to inform strategic recommendations and decisions
• Define, structure and manage the work of strategic analysts on the team
• Communicate findings to senior management and the broader organization
What we're looking for:
Successful candidates will thrive in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate a strong interest in working for a mission-centric organization. Ideal candidates will also exhibit qualifications including:
• Strategic, creative problem-solving and analytical ability
• Proven ability to build deep understanding of complex products or services
• Strong financial analysis and modeling skills coupled with market research expertise
• Demonstrated effectiveness working cross-functionally and collaborating with a broad spectrum of stakeholders
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, professional and friendly demeanor
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative and learn continuously
• Highly organized and able to multi-task; able to nimbly respond and execute on priorities
• Proven management of direct reports
• Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
• Minimum of 4 years previous consulting experience at a top-tier consulting firm or equivalent in-house strategy experience at a technology, media, or education firm
We’d also love to see (though not required):
• Has an understanding of the education market and competitive landscape for K-8 educational programs
• Ideally you live near Boston (office is located northwest of the city) or are willing to relocate to that area. However, we will consider remote candidates who are willing to travel 30-50% of the time. We also have offices in Brooklyn and Chicago.
Commensurate with experience; excellent benefits.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.