Project Coordinator (Temp to Perm)
Founded in 1969, Curriculum Associates (CA) is a leading educational technology and publishing company with a mission to make classrooms better places for students and teachers. As a company, we have both a responsibility and the opportunity to reduce the effects of systemic racism for the students, educators, and educational communities we serve and for our own team members. We are committed to ensuring CA is a champion of antiracist ideals in our service to schools, in our products, and in our company culture. Our research-based, award-winning print and digital instruction and assessment products provide educators with the tools necessary to personalize learning for every student and help all students become college and career ready.
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Project Coordinator (Temp to Perm)
Reporting up through the Engineering PMO, the Project Coordinator will provide administrative and operational support directly to Project and Program Managers. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills to successfully oversee delegated tasks and assist with the preparation of materials related to various stages of development. The candidate should also demonstrate outstanding organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks, as well as the ability to thrive in a high-volume, deadline-driven work environment with competing priorities.
This entry-level position will offer a highly motivated self-starter the opportunity to gain knowledge about the creation of digital educational materials and project management skills, while assisting the Product Development team to process a high volume of projects from conception to implementation. Tasks will consist of simultaneous recurring and stand-alone activities, and they must be completed quickly and accurately, with strict attention to detail.
This is an entry-level, 40 hours per week temporary role. It is paid hourly through 12/31/21 with the possibility of full-time employment based on the candidate's performance and the company's needs.
The impact you’ll have:
- Organizing and updating project information in multiple trackers
- Maintaining project schedules
- Creating and updating, as needed, product development “tickets” for project tasks
- Assisting in tracking and processing invoices
- Creating and maintaining process workflows and other support documents
- Supporting facilitation and documentation of meetings
- Assisting in the definition, rollout, and implementation of PMO initiatives
- Providing support preparing summaries, dashboards, and presentations
- Gaining an understanding of Agile methodology and how to apply to product development
- Understanding and completing other regular duties (as assigned), creating or following a cadence to ensure completion
Who we’re looking for:
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic
- Outstanding organizational skills, proven ability to maintain accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple responsibilities with time sensitive deadlines
- Comfort working in a fluid environment where requirements may change
- Ability to work independently with supervision, or to work with technical staff with a collaborative, hands-on approach
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- An aptitude for problem-solving and the ability to proactively address potential issues
- Ability and interest in learning new tools/technology and work within multiple tracking formats (e.g., JIRA, Confluence, Smartsheets, or Wrike)
- Should have an interest in project management as a career path
- Ability to work East Coast business hours (9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Eastern Time).
Location: Currently, Curriculum Associates employees are working remotely due to Covid-19. Once it is safe to go back into the office, this role will have the option of remaining remote or being based in one of our offices (North Billerica, MA; Billerica, MA; Brooklyn, NY).
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.