Senior Editorial Director, Access & Equity
The impact you'll have:
- Collaborate with senior level management on overall company publishing plans and strategy
- Drive the integrated vision for English Learners and other key components of Access and Equity across product lines including the use of base guidelines
- Lead the publishing process from conception to published product, including:
- In collaboration with product owners and EL Director integrate and refine the EL components of prototypes based on customer and rep feedback and input from thought leaders
- Researching, developing, and iterating EL strategic supports into all CA’s portfolio in collaboration with EL Director
- Creating and overseeing project schedules and informing product owners on projected budgets
- Developing resource plans
- Managing project teams
- Setting high standards for editorial content and pedagogical approach, and ensuring the final product reflects these high standards
- Work with Access and Equity Team to define how to best integrate all EL and Access Equity strategies and base guidelines and help determine how to best integrate into each project
- Team-building, hiring, and talent management
- Anticipate and solve other problems, including adjusting workflows and resource allocations, as well as creating work-arounds. Identify which problems to escalate.
- Support marketing and product owners to generate key messages used in development of sales collateral; presenting programs at sales meetings
- Work in close collaboration with Professional Development team to ensure high fidelity implementations and EL supports are part of customer PD trainings
- Regularly reviewing competitor’s product lines and developing staff awareness of their strengths and weaknesses to identify product opportunities
- Strategically engage partners and organizations to provide feedback on projects
- Share joy, passion, and commitment to building great products that inspire and engage users.
- 10+ years managing the development of EL and/or Spanish products—both student and teacher facing components.
- Experience building, managing, motivating, and driving teams of editors to successful completion of large-scale projects.
- Experience conceptualizing and delivering products that support all learners, with a focus on English Learners
- Proven project management skills, attention to detail, and an ability to drive toward completion; experience should include planning, scheduling, and supervising staff and vendors.
- A great eye for engaging, high quality content.
- Extensive knowledge of current standards and English Learning trends, as well as widely accepted current best practices such as those outlined by Council of the Great City Schools
- Able to inspire and drive a team through challenging and dynamic deadlines.
- Deep understanding of national and state standards and assessments around English Learners and language acquisition
- Ability to proactively and creatively solve problems related to product development
- Proven project management skills, attention to detail, and an ability to drive toward completion
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in education or teaching experience a plus.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.