Project Manager / Scrum Master
Come join our socially-minded and rapidly growing education company committed to making classrooms better for teachers and students. We are seeking a highly qualified Project Manager and Scrum Master to successfully lead projects in our Digital Instructions group. Our teams within the Digital Instructions group are building interactive ELA and Math lessons for grades K-8 students. In this role you play a critical role ensuring the products we build are on schedule, within budget and of utmost quality. The role requires a proven track record of professional excellence and a passion to be the driving force behind developing great software with a laudable purpose.
Why Join This Team
Curriculum Associates has been named one of the top places to work in Boston for five years in a row. Our Digital Instructions teams are a true representation of our company culture with professionalism, commitment, and fun embedded in our daily work. Your work will directly impact students and you will get to see these results.
The impact you’ll have:
- Building strong relationships and trust
- Planning, executing, controlling, and closing projects
- Roadmap planning and budget management
- Project kick off processes
- Vendor management processes (contracts, invoice management, vendor relationships)
- Managing project stakeholder communications, including weekly meetings
- Managing the project schedule, risks, issues, costs, and action items, both within and external to an agile framework
- Analyzing project health
- Facilitating and moderating Kanban, Scrumban, or Scrum ceremonies and development process
- Evolving & improving our existing agile development process
- Encouraging self-organization by facilitating the appropriate delegation of tasks and responsibilities to appropriate team members
- Facilitate and mediate conflicts within the agile teams
- Coordinating dependencies across scrum teams in multi-scrum team environment
- Utilizing and improving usage of JIRA as a tool to monitor and manage sprint success
What we’re looking for:
- Hands on experience with managing projects with $1M+ budgets and teams of 8+ members
- A deep understanding and the ability to apply both the theoretical and practical aspects of agile development
- Comprehensive understanding of Agile tools, techniques, principles and values
- Proven experience managing web technology projects of various sizes for at least 3 years
- Demonstrated experience with project scheduling tools, preferably Wrike, or Project.
- At least one-year experience using JIRA to track and manage agile development, as well as collaboration tools such as Confluence
- Someone who can:
- Influence and lead development, quality, and product professionals
- Foster and maintain a collaborative team dynamic
- Solve problems and think critically
- Plan and organize (and re-organize) in an environment of shifting priorities
- Communicate clearly, both by speaking directly and writing concisely
- Negotiate and manage conflict
- Learn quickly and adapt to the environment
- Continuously seek and act on feedback received to bring about positive changes
- Preferably a Certified Project Management Professional (PMI PMP)
- Preferably a Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Experience leading a minimum of at least 3 distinct scrum teams (not simultaneously), in at least two different organizations
- A Bachelor's Degree, preferably in a computer science, information technology, or an equally technical discipline
We’d also love to see, though not required:
- Experience in education technology
More about this role:
Location: Billerica, MA
Starting date: ASAP
Compensation & benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Want to explore more? Check us out on social media:
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.