At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Curriculum Associates is seeking a Tax Associate to provide assistance in the preparation of the corporate income tax provision and returns (federal and state). This role will work closely with the Senior Tax Manager and will be responsible for assisting with tax projects, performing tax research, initial research of tax notices and preparation of responses to audit information requests.
The Tax Associate will also be expected to have strong analytical skills, gain a thorough understanding of tax rules and ensure proper tax treatment of business-related issues. This role will ensure transactional tax returns/payments are filed/remitted in a timely and accurate manner, review invoices for the determination of accurate transactional tax, ensure property tax returns/payments are filed/remitted in a timely and accurate manner.
The impact you'll have:
US Sales and Use Tax
- Prepare data to send to third party service provider for sales and use tax return compliance
- Assist with sales tax exemption certificates storage, entry, and maintenance
- Provide support on internal and external sales tax inquiries
- Assist with sales & use tax audits
- Review purchase invoices to determine applicable use tax
- Reconcile sales and use tax accounts
- Assist with preparation of tax provision
- Gather required information needed for income tax return preparation, credits, and incentives
- Prepare tax return calculations
- Prepare provision-to-return analysis
- Prepare quarterly estimated tax payment and extension payment calculations
- Assist with federal and state audit examinations, as required
- Update and maintain tax calendars
- Ensure tax returns and payments are processed in a timely and accurate manner
- Prepare journal entries
- Perform ad-hoc projects and process improvement initiatives as assigned
- Resolve notices and assessments from tax authorities
- Assist in tax planning and research
- Work closely with Accounting, Operations, Legal, and FP&A on Tax related projects
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ years, including public accounting and/or corporate tax experience (internship or co-op will be considered)
- Team player who can work on a variety of projects simultaneously and can work independently
- Proficient with CCH Research Tool (or equivalent)
- Experience using Workday or equivalent ERP a plus
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and ability to learn and utilize other systems/software
- Advanced Excel skills (can perform complex functions) and ability to work with large volumes of transactional data
- Highly analytical and detail oriented
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
- Ability to adjust readily to change and adapt as needed
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Compensation & Benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.