Senior Business Analyst, ERP
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Curriculum Associates is seeking a highly-qualified Senior Business Analyst to serve as a member of the Business Systems team within the Information Technology department. The Senior Business Analyst will act as an intermediary between the business partners and the IT team, and responsible for collecting, clarifying, and documenting business requirements. The Senior Business Analyst will also act as an active thought partner and ERP application visionary who shapes business demand for technology. Our organization is currently in a transformational phase due to our growth and changing industry; therefore, candidates with experience guiding organizations through this process are highly desired!
Why join this team:
You’ll have Tier 1 application exposure and get involved with an ongoing implementation that is transforming our business over a multi-phase, multi-year project.
The impact you’ll have:
- Work with business partners to elicit and capture business needs; understand the customer journey and define detailed user requirements to enhance the design and development of our Workday and Rootstock platforms.
- Engage with business partners and influence project decisions; assess the risks of various solutions and prioritize competing business demands.
- Act as an intermediary between business and IT by using a deep understanding of business processes and technology to help business partners achieve their desired outcomes.
- Responsible for working with the IT project management team to prioritize these changes and define project scope.
- Facilitate requirements gathering sessions and document current and future state processes by creating functional specification documents, process flows, etc.
- Builds testing plans, scenarios, and scripts to support QA efforts; actively participates in unit and system tests while coordinates user acceptance testing.
- Responsible for developing the governance process and change control management by using best practices for prioritization, requirements gathering, QA, UAT and end user training.
- Assist and coordinate the data preparation as required for QA and UAT process.
- Assist project manager by identifying project milestones, tasks, issues, risks and providing regular project status reports.
- Develops training materials and provide training to end users.
Who we’re looking for:
- 8-10 years of business and system analysis experience
- 3-5 years of experience supporting Workday or similar cloud ERP products in a complex organization.
- Functional knowledge of ERP core business processes (e.g. order management, distribution/fulfillment, invoicing, customers, procurement, inventory, HR, financial reporting, etc.) preferably in the Education technology industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, problem-solving skills, and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a matrix environment.
- Strong customer service skills with high concern for quality and customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated knowledge of both traditional Waterfall and Agile/Lean methodologies.
- Experience in converting business requirements and functional requirements to use cases.
- Demonstrated ability to quantify resource requirements and measure and communicate proposed project benefits.
- Strong risk assessment, problem resolution, negotiation, and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to engage both developers and business partners to achieve target outcomes.
- Must be available to occasionally work off-hours to support project activities and deployments.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
We’d also love to see, though not required:
- Experience with ERP implementations in a highly integrated environment including Warehouse Management systems, Salesforce, sales tax applications, banks, etc.
- Project management skills and experience is a plus.
- PMI Business Analysis certification is a plus.
- Six Sigma certification is a plus.
- Workday or similar cloud ERP Certification is a plus.
More about this role:
Location: The role reports to our Concord Road, Billerica office; option for Remote for the right employee (periodic travel to the office will be required)
Starting date: ASAP
Compensation & benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.