Production Specialist (Temp to Perm)
Note: This is a temporary role with the possibility of full time employment, based on the candidate's performance and the company's needs.
Join a dynamic and growing team of Production Specialists working for an industry-leading K-8 educational publisher!
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Production Specialist will lead the composition team in providing layout and graphic support to both our internal and offshore Production teams. This person will take an active role in the development, fulfillment, and maintenance of best-in-class print and digital educational material.
This position requires solid analytical, organizational, and communication skills to successfully assist with the preparation of materials related to all stages of the production process. The candidate must have strong experience with Adobe InDesign, Acrobat, Illustrator, and Photoshop, and should possess a working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will have experience with the latest technologies and be able to help inform and define workflows and best practices. Scripting experience is a plus. Candidate should be able to bring new ideas and suggestions based on previous experience with technologies to help inform solutions or resolve issues.
This position offers the opportunity to develop and sharpen management skills while sharing your knowledge about creating educational materials with the team. Previous managerial experience is a plus, though candidates who have shown prior leadership skills will be considered.
Multiple tasks will be assigned and completed simultaneously and on an ongoing basis. They must be completed quickly and accurately, with strict attention to detail. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working extensively with files in InDesign
- Working on illustrations and photos in Illustrator and Photoshop, respectively
- Monitoring and maintaining project & product spreadsheets and databases as requested
- Following schedules & reporting on progress
- Updating book files and creating new pages following supplied manuscript
- Implementing changes to existing files as marked in PDF files
- Own the fidelity of the InDesign files for assigned projects; preparing and finalizing files for multiple delivery modes, including print, eBook, and other digital formats.
- Support metadata collection and file structure to meet content re-purposing goals
Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- 5+ years’ experience with InDesign
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in textbook publishing
- Understands importance and use of Styles, and developing & maintaining Style Guides
- Ability to build templates
- Ensure product’s adherence to all laws pertaining to copyrighted and public domain material usage and permissions, including but not limited to images, fonts, and texts
- 5+ years’ experience with Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat Pro
- 2+ years’ experience with design principles and processes
- Experience with CMS, FTP, and various print technologies
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities across multiple projects
- Ability to communicate effectively with coworkers, managers, other teams, and offshore production vendor/partners
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.