Statistical Analyst, Psychometrics
Curriculum Associates is a rapidly growing educational technology and publishing company committed to making classrooms better places for teachers and students. We are seeking a talented professional to join our remote psychometric and research teams as a statistical analyst. We are looking for someone to support the ongoing psychometric work primarily for the i-Ready Diagnostic—a large-scale, K-12 computer-adaptive assessment in Reading and Math. Our assessments provide valuable feedback to teachers and students and are primarily used to place students into individualized instructional paths.
In this role you will be tasked with pulling together, manipulating, and analyzing complex datasets to support our psychometric and research team efforts. This is a highly quantitative position and will require experience using SAS and/or R.
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for students and teachers. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
This opportunity is right for you if:
- You are passionate about K-12 education and want to make a positive impact for students and teachers
- You want to work with formative and interim assessments to support students and teachers making data-based decisions
- You think assessment and instruction should function as a coherent system
- You are obsessed with data quality and data integrity
- You are a self-directed worker who thrives in a remote working environment
- Please note: A cover letter is required for consideration
Impact you will have:
- You will work closely with the psychometrics and research teams on projects that support and improve our assessments that ultimately drive personalized instruction for students
- You will contribute to quality control processes to ensure the accuracy of data, analyses, and findings from our efforts
- You will conduct a range of analyses for projects that support psychometrics and research team efforts
- You will leverage and manipulate large datasets to answer challenging questions
- You will summarize results via tables and figures that will be included in reports and support interpretation of findings for a wide variety of technical and non-technical audiences
Who we’re looking for:
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in a measurement, statistics, or other quantitative discipline
- Experience conducting descriptive and inferential statistical analyses with social science data sets
- Experience with a research-oriented programming language (SAS or R) for manipulating data and conducting basic statistical analyses
- Curiosity and initiative to learn new technologies and skills, and to procure information using available resources
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ideally with experience communicating complex technical topics to lay audiences
- Proven ability to manage multiple complex projects while maintaining a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to work in a self-directed way and use critical thinking skills to identify issues with data accuracy and data integrity
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing priorities as needs shift
We’d also love to see, though not required:
- Knowledge of educational measurement principles, including familiarity with psychometric concepts such as measurement error, validity, reliability estimation, and item response theory
- Demonstrated experience in a K-12 digital learning space including reading and/or mathematics
- Comfort with independently writing complex and efficient SQL queries and joining multiple tables within large relational databases
Location: This is a remote position which will work collaboratively with a team of other researchers, most of whom are also working remotely.
Travel expectations: Less than 10% of total time. Once safe to do so, travel for this position will likely include one annual team meeting, team planning meetings as needed, and attendance at the annual technical advisory committee meeting.
Compensation & benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.