Professional Development Specialist - Stockton, CA
Curriculum Associates seeks a Professional Development Specialist to join our company. The Professional Development Specialist will have a background in teaching, coaching teachers, delivering professional development and support, analyzing assessment data, and working directly with school and district leaders. Working closely with the sales team and other Curriculum Associates professionals, the Professional Development Specialist will be responsible for providing targeted professional development, ongoing in-classroom support, data analysis, daily project management, and communication with district and site leaders.
The impact you'll have:
- Support district-wide adoptions of the Ready program and the i-Ready online diagnostic and instruction program.
- Deliver professional development to teachers, coaches and leaders on how to effectively implement Ready and i-Ready to impact classroom learning.
- Provide on-site targeted support to teachers, coaches and leaders. This may range from providing lesson planning and pacing support, to helping educators analyze data and apply it to instruction, to working with leaders to identify evidence of implementation successes and challenges.
- Work with district leader and site leaders to develop and revise annual professional development plans and schedules.
- Serve as an ambassador for Curriculum Associates, exemplifying the company’s mission-driven approach and commitment to creating better classrooms for students and teachers.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5+ years of experience in teaching, coaching teachers, and providing professional development. Preference will be given to candidates with experience teaching at the secondary (6-12) level and/or with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in education.
- Strong working knowledge of the Common Core State Standards for Grades K-8 (or comparable state standards), including both the content standards and the practice standards.
- Fluency with using digital tools including online assessments, and a high level of comfort discussing and applying data with teachers and leaders.
- Understand principles of adult learning and how to apply them to professional development.
- Ability to manage, monitor, evaluate, and ensure integrity of program implementations.
- Able to provide high-quality classroom coaching to ensure teachers have the skills necessary to delivery Curriculum Associates’ solutions effectively.
- Willingness to travel.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.