Design Director, Mathematics
Curriculum Associates is looking for a talented and collaborative Design Director to bring engaging and innovative design to our portfolio of existing and new print curriculum print products. The Ready Design Director: Mathematics reports to the Senior Creative Director and is responsible for working independently, as well as with the internal design team, editorial team, and key stakeholders to develop, produce, and manage compelling visual designs from conception through to the completed product.
Key responsibilities include partnering with Editorial to prototype and design highly effective educational print components, art direction, and design of page layouts, pedagogical features, multimedia assets and covers, for comprehensive to-market delivery.
The impact you’ll have:
· Work with the Senior Creative Director and the broader CA Design Team to establish creative direction for new Ready Math products.
· Lead conceptual design and art direction of core and supplemental materials (print and related digital resources).
· Lead design launches and reviews and act as design liaison to product teams, ensuring all designs serve larger program and corporate initiatives.
· Design components and features with a focus on Teacher and Student usability, never losing focus on the idea that engaged learners are better learners.
· Manage multiple projects simultaneously from concept through completion.
· Ensure that projects are delivered on time, on budget, and at the highest level of quality, by building and managing creative project teams, project budgets, and timelines with the Project Management Team.
· Contribute to establishing Design Best Practices, including the creation and implementation of style guides, templates, spec sheets, branding guidelines, process documentation, and streamlining of design and production workflows.
· Supervise and inspire the creative team and our vendor partners.
What we're looking for:
Successful candidates will thrive in a fast-paced highly collaborative environment and demonstrate a record of achievement in Educational Publishing and Curriculum Design:
· Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related discipline; Master’s degree preferred.
· Minimum 7 years of experience in educational or children's publishing.
· Minimum 5 years of experience in a print design leadership position managing teams, production processes, and projects.
· Proven track record of conceptualizing and developing K-8 Math programs with multiple Teacher and Student components.
· Expert knowledge of all areas of the print design process, including but not limited to: layout, typography, math typography, page composition, technical art/technical illustration, and photo/art research and acquisition.
· Expert proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (Adobe CC) suite of applications (PS, AI, INDD); proficiency with Microsoft Office (Mac OS).
· Able to adapt quickly to new technology, new processes/procedures, in an environment of continuous improvement.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to articulate art/design strategy to non-design stakeholders.
· Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to rapidly exercise independent judgment.
· Proven success at developing collaborative working relationships with team members
· Highly effective with presentations and working with various team configurations (one-on-one, small/large group, and remote).
· Passion for exploration and consumption of print and digital media.
Location: Brooklyn, NYC or Billerica, MA
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.