Director, Corporate Strategy
Curriculum Associates (CA) hires people, not positions. If you feel energized by what you read here, but aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! We believe diverse backgrounds lead to innovative thinking, making our products better for the educators and 8 million students we serve. Above all, we’re looking for the right person to grow with us!
We are seeking a mission-driven Director of Corporate Strategy to join our Strategy team. The Director of Corporate Strategy will help develop answers to some of the most important questions on the minds of the executive team and board to help drive Curriculum Associates’ continued growth and impact with millions of students and thousands of educators nationwide.
This position reports to the Vice President of Strategy and will work cross-functionally to support leadership in Sales, Service, Marketing, Product Development, Finance, and other functions.
The impact you'll have:
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of CA’s overall strategic goals, the students and educators we serve and our assessment, instruction, and service offerings
- Serve as expert on key market and competitor trends, and internal data
- Facilitate development and ongoing monitoring of the company’s long-term strategic plan and key strategic initiatives
- Serve as a trusted advisor to cross-functional teams across a variety of strategic topics
- Identify critical questions and key analyses to inform strategic recommendations and decisions
- Define, structure and manage the work of junior team members and third-party consultants
Who we're looking for:
Successful candidates will thrive in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate a strong interest in working for a mission-centric organization. Ideal candidates will also exhibit qualifications including:
- Strategic, creative, hands-on approach to problem-solving with strong analytical abilities
- Proven ability to build deep understanding of complex products or services
- Demonstrated effectiveness working cross-functionally and collaborating with a broad spectrum of stakeholders
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, professional and friendly demeanor
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and learn continuously
- Highly organized and able to multi-task, able to nimbly respond and execute on priorities
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- Minimum of 7 years previous experience in in-house strategy or external management consulting
- Has an understanding of the education market and competitive landscape for K-8 educational programs
Location: Currently, all Curriculum Associates employees are working remotely due to Covid-19. Once it is safe to go back into the office, some of the team will return to our home office in North Billerica, MA, and others will remain remote. We encourage folks from across the U.S. to apply to this role! Candidates should expect to travel ~10-20% of the time as well as travel to Boston at least four times a year for team meetings (once it is safe to do so).
Compensation and benefits: Equitable pay and great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K. Enjoy perks like a paid company cell phone, flexible hours when needed, and the ability to keep travel points acquired during work-sponsored travel.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.