Manager, Diversity Equity, & Inclusion (Product Development)
At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Curriculum Associates is seeking an experienced manager to support product development teams in creating anti-bias, anti-racist materials for teachers and students. CA is committed to creating culturally diverse, anti-bias, top-quality educational materials and solutions that align to our commitment to equity and inclusion. We are looking for someone with the same passion for making a difference for teachers and students.
The impact you’ll have:
- Assist in developing, maintaining, and enhancing guidelines for diversity, equity, and inclusion for educators and students across all product lines, updating them as our policies and understandings evolve
- Formalize a process, conversation protocols, and other guidelines for our Content Review Board (members of executive, editorial/product development, marketing, and sales management) that reviews potential content to clarify and fine-tune our guidelines for diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Support content development and educator professional development teams in understanding those guidelines through facilitated conversations, documentation, and other training opportunities
- Advise content development and professional development teams about implementing those guidelines in student- and teacher-facing material
- Stay current with thought leaders, research, and best practices for creating and maintaining school cultures that embrace cultural diversity, promote anti-racism, and guide students in interacting respectfully with people with identities different from their own
- Develop and manage a diversity, equity, and inclusion advisory board of staff, external educators, and thought leaders from advocacy groups
- Develop a curated resource library of examples, resources, current research, and best practices for product development teams
Who you are:
- 3 or more years of experience working with education leaders, advocacy groups, and/or publishing teams toward diversity, equity, and inclusion goals
- 3–5 years of experience in curriculum development and/or educational publishing
- Proven skill in developing and leading professional development programs for educators or editorial teams
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a personal commitment to daily interactions that exemplify CA’s anti-bias/anti-racist goals
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- A hands-on approach and a commitment to working collaboratively with teams and a wide range of people to ensure that our products meet the highest standards of instructional quality and editorial excellence
- Proficiency with word-processing, spreadsheet, file management, and other workplace software
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Experience creating clear and detailed documentation that explains key processes and approaches
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.