Senior Project Manager / Scrum Master
Join our socially-minded and rapidly growing education company committed to making classrooms better for teachers and students. We are seeking a highly qualified Senior Project Manager and Scrum Master to successfully lead projects in our Digital Instructions group. Our teams within Digital Instructions group are building interactive ELA and Math lessons for grades K-8 students. In this role you play a critical role ensuring the products we build are on schedule, within budget and utmost quality. The role requires a proven track record of professional excellence and a passion to be the driving force behind developing great software with a laudable purpose.
Why join this team:
Curriculum Associates has been named for the five years in a row to be one of the top places to work in Boston. Our Digital Instructions teams are a true representation of our company culture with professionalism, commitment, and fun embedded in our daily work. You will get to see the direct impact that your work creates on kids.
The impact you’ll have:
- Building strong relationships and trust
- Planning, executing, controlling, and closing projects
- Roadmap planning and budget management
- Project kick off processes
- Vendor management processes (contracts, invoice management, vendor relationships)
- Managing project stakeholder communications, including weekly meetings
- Managing the project schedule, risks, issues, costs, and action items, both within and external to an agile framework
- Analyzing project health
- Facilitating and moderating Kanban, Scrumban, or Scrum ceremonies and development process
- Evolving & improving our existing agile development process
- Encouraging self-organization by facilitating the appropriate delegation of tasks and responsibilities to appropriate team members
- Facilitate and mediate conflicts within the agile teams
- Coordinating dependencies across scrum teams in multi-scrum team environment
- Utilizing and improving usage of JIRA as a tool to monitor and manage sprint success
Who we’re looking for:
- Hands on experience with scope, schedule, cost, risk, resource, communications, procurement management of projects with $2M+ budgets and teams of 12+ distributed members
- A deep understanding and the ability to apply both the theoretical and practical aspects of waterfall and agile hybrid development
- Comprehensive understanding of Agile tools, techniques, principles and values
- Proven experience managing complex web technology projects of various sizes for at least 5 years
- Demonstrated experience with project scheduling tools, preferably Wrike, or Project
- One plus year’s hands-on experience using JIRA to track and manage agile development, as well as collaboration tools such as Confluence
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex project simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Someone who:
- Fits in CA culture
- Influences and leads development, quality, and product professionals
- Fosters and maintains a collaborative team dynamic and trust
- Solves problems and thinks critically
- Plans and organizes (and re-organizes) in an environment of shifting priorities
- Communicates clearly, both by speaking directly and writing concisely
- Negotiates and manages conflict
- Learns quickly and ramps up with minimal supervision
- Continuously seeks and acts on feedback received to bring about positive changes
- Preferably holds Certified Project Management Professional (PMI PMP)
- Preferably holds a Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Has experience leading a minimum of at least 3 distinct scrum teams (not simultaneously), in at least two different organizations
- Holds a Bachelor's Degree, preferably in a computer science, information technology, or an equally technical discipline; or equivalent experience
We’d also love to see, though not required:
Experience in education technology
Project management and Scrum experience in an organization with primary revenue streams derived from content or software product development and sales
More about this role:
Location: North Billerica, MA
Starting date: ASAP
Compensation & benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Want to explore more? Check us out on social media:
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.