Curriculum Associates is a rapidly growing educational technology and publishing company committed to making classrooms better places for teachers and students. We are seeking a talented measurement professional to join our remote psychometric team at either the Psychometrician or Senior Psychometrician level. We are looking for someone to support the ongoing psychometric work for the i-Ready Diagnostic—a large-scale, K-12 computer-adaptive assessment in Reading and Math. Our assessments provide valuable feedback to teachers and students and are primarily used to place students into individualized instructional paths.
We are looking for someone who is excited about being a thought partner and active participant in innovative work to enhance our CAT algorithm with the goal of improving the student test experience and accuracy of student scores. Additionally, in this role you will conduct analyses and research necessary to support the ongoing maintenance of a computer adaptive testing program including efforts such as field testing, item calibration, and item drift analysis. This position will provide the opportunity to support a research agenda providing psychometric solutions that will drive decision making around enhancements to the next generation i-Ready assessment programs. In your role, you will work closely with a set of field leading experts, consultants, and TAC members.
In this role at Curriculum Associates, you’ll support products that are designed to improve student outcomes in reading and mathematics, especially for students who are historically underserved. We believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
This opportunity is right for you if:
- You are passionate about K-12 education and want to make a positive impact for students and teachers.
- You are obsessed with data quality and data integrity.
- You want to work with formative and interim assessments to support students and teachers making data-based decisions
- You are a self-directed worker who thrives in a remote working environment
- You think assessment and instruction should be designed to function as a coherent system
What we’re looking for:
- Ph.D. in Educational Measurement, Psychometrics, Educational Psychology, Quantitative Psychology, or related field
- A strong foundation in computer adaptive testing (CAT), item response theory (IRT) and classical test theory (CTT) methods
- Experience conducting operational psychometrics for large scale assessment programs
- Experience using SAS or R to manipulate, clean, and maintain large, complex datasets
- Proficiency with industry standard measurement software (e.g., Winsteps, FlexMIRT)
- Experience designing and conducting empirical research studies
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing priorities as product needs shift or critical customer issues arise
We’d also love to see, though not required:
- Experience working in an operational CAT environment including ongoing monitoring of item pools, fine tuning content balancing algorithms, and working with live and simulated data
- Experience using SQL to query large data bases
- Detailed knowledge of key state and national policies on educational assessment
Less than 10% of total time including attendance at team meetings, TAC meetings, planning meetings, and conferences.
Curriculum Associates is a socially responsible, rapidly growing educational company headquartered northwest of Boston, MA. This is a remote position which will work collaboratively with a team of other researchers, most of whom are also working remotely.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.