Associate Director, Custom Analytics
Associate Director, Custom Analytics
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
We are seeking an Associate Director to join our growing Custom Analytics and Reporting team. This role supports educators by providing actionable data and insights to districts implementing i-Ready. Serving as a thought partner and consultant, the candidate’s work will be critical in informing instructional strategies and will help districts meet their educational objectives.
As a key member of the Custom Analytics team, the Associate Director will work closely with the Account Management, Assessment, and Product teams to keep abreast of and contribute to the high level of quality Curriculum Associates products, data assets, and reports. Successful candidates will have previous management experience and demonstrate excellent analytical skills, experience querying and analyzing large datasets, and very strong communication and technical writing skills. The position will report to the Vice President of Custom Analytics.
The impact you’ll have:
You will be responsible for the delivery of a broad range of quantitative analyses to provide insights to partnering districts; deliverables range from ad hoc analyses examining student outcomes to collaborating on key trend analyses for districts, and responding to educator inquiries stemming from all levels of a district. Typical responsibilities include:
- Partner with the Custom Analytics team to develop new forms of reports and analyses for districts and schools.
- Help us make a broader impact on educator decisions by developing customized reports that address the unique needs of districts.
- Support effective decision making in schools by providing analyses that facilitate the use of Curriculum Associates’ assessment and instructional materials. Sample projects include:
- Detailed research into student performance and growth.
- Analysis of the relative impact of different approaches to instruction.
- Provide live support as well as detailed written responses to educator cases; these range from explaining how the computer adaptive Diagnostic assessment works, to advice on how best to use the data in educator evaluation systems, and how our data can be used to estimate Covid19 learning loss.
- Contribute to the organization and maintenance of technical documentation, including business rules and code, ensuring version control and replicability.
What we’re looking for:
- You possess high-level experience in the field of education, especially state or local K-12 agencies, as well as a deep understanding of district and state assessment practices, accountability systems, and the current national K-12 curriculum and assessment landscape.
- You’ve got a background working with large data sets, specifically managing and analyzing data at scale.
- You have familiarity with using relational databases such as Redshift, MySQL, or SQL Server.
- You have training and experience in statistical analysis or formal training in descriptive and inferential statistics.
- You are an expert with SQL and SAS.
- You’re adept at writing technical reports and communicating findings to a diverse audience (both technical and non-technical) and possess the ability to look beyond the analysis and data, which is important to make the work useful in practice for educators.
- Highly qualified candidates will have a Master’s degree or Ph.D. in statistics, education, social science, or a related field; exceptional candidates with equivalent experience will be considered.
Sound like you? Apply now! Visit our website at www.CurriculumAssociates.com/WorkForUs to apply.
Want to explore more? Check us out on social media: www.facebook.com/CurriculumAssociates www.twitter.com/CurriculumAssoc www.instagram.com/Curriculum_Associates
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.