Manager, Strategic Sourcing
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Curriculum Associates is looking for an experienced, proactive Strategic Sourcing Manager (SSM) to support multiple categories within a fast-growing organization. The SSM will serve as a business partner and work with stakeholders to define business needs, support sourcing strategy, manage supplier sourcing and relationships, and monitor progress against sourcing key performance indicators.
This opportunity is right for you if you…
- Are service-oriented and have a strong track record of developing positive relationships with colleagues and external partners
- Are a self-starter with experience growing a new function and are comfortable managing ambiguity and competing priorities
- Have supported the development, implementation, and monitoring of large-scale policies and processes
The impact you’ll have:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to establish, implement, and monitor large-scale procurement processes and policies
- Project manage sourcing activities, including competitive RFP process oversight, analysis of supplier responses, and development of recommendations to support decision making
- Build and foster strong relationships across the organization and with its external partners
- Support the creation and monitoring of key performance indicators for target sourcing categories
- Negotiate contracts and/or rates with third-party suppliers
- Ensure compliance with established purchasing policies
- Identify areas for improvement (process, rates, etc.) and implement solutions
- Serve as the primary point of contact in the organization for all sourcing issues for assigned categories
- Prepare reports for and communicate status to the management team and the larger organization
What we’re looking for:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience negotiating agreements/contracts with vendors
- Understanding of procurement processes, tools, and best practices
- Understanding of finance processes and concepts and how these can be addressed/supported via procurement
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant subject (chain management, economics, finance, operations, engineering or a related area)
We’d also love to see, though not required:
- Understanding of procurement in education and/or software development sectors
- Experience managing travel within an established, distributed, field-based organization
Location: This position is located in North Billerica, Massachusetts; especially well-qualified remote candidates will be considered.
Salary: Commensurate with experience; excellent benefits.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.