Accounts Payable Team Member
Our commitment to diversity: At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
About the role: The accounts payable specialist role requires strong attention to detail and the ability to resolve routine accounts payable issues. This position will be responsible for the timely invoice entry and processing of vendor payments. This position may also be assigned special projects.
Impact you’ll have:
- Monitor AP mailbox for incoming invoices to be processed and paid
- Develop and maintain AP process and procedures
- Manage monthly close for AP
- Ensure that invoices are coded and entered into the Great Plains accounts payable module in a timely, accurate manner
- Ensure timely processing of employee expense reports using the Concur expense reporting software system
- Ensure correct Purchase Order matching and proper approvals are obtained
- Follow up on invoice approval/processing issues
- Resolve invoice to PO matching discrepancies
- Process weekly payment run consisting of checks, ACH and wire payments
- Electronically file invoices and supporting documentation upon completion of the weekly payment run
- Verify proper approval on all invoices submitted for payment
- Maintain Vendor records on an on-going basis
- Generate 1099’s to independent contractors at year-end
- Process customer returns for reimbursement to the customer
- Assist with special projects as needed, such as system implementations
Who we’re looking for:
- Previous accounts payable experience
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field
- 3-5 years’ experience preferred
- Willingness to accept new responsibilities when necessary
- Flexibility in working with functions across the organization
- Ability to meet deadlines in connection with weekly payment runs, as well as month-end close
- Working knowledge of excel functions and other Microsoft products (such as Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Self-driven, self-starter, goal-oriented
- Ability to work independently as well as with AP Team
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and verbal and written communications skills
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to work in a high-volume environment
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism
During COVID 19 Pandemic, this role will be remote until our offices are open. Then this role will be based in Billerica, MA.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.