Senior Software Engineer – Front-End
Take one of the most innovative educational technology brands to the next level by becoming part of our rapidly growing organization. We are seeking a highly qualified Senior Software Engineer with experience in modern frontend technologies. As a Senior Front-End Engineer at Curriculum Associates, you will play a key role in building and supporting exciting applications delivered on our education technology platform. You will work as part of a team designing and delivering rich web-based and mobile experiences.
The impact you’ll have:
- You will be part of a rapidly growing education company and will impact classrooms and students by your contributions to iReady, our award-winning K-12 education software service.
- You will work with a wide variety of AWS services and database technologies.
- You will work closely with your agile development team members, product owners, and user experience designers to understand requirements and deliver solutions.
- You will help build new and innovative solutions that solve challenging software issues.
What we’re looking for:
- At least 4 years’ experience (not counting co-ops and internships) developing and supporting
front endapplications in production.
- Experience serving as a team lead, educating, mentoring, and supporting other members of your team to deliver high quality features partnering with Product Management and QA groups.
- Experience building responsive UI applications that scale to
largenumber of users and large datasets.
- A passion for producing clear, maintainable, and testable code.
- Experience writing unit tests with test frameworks like Jest and/or Jasmine to develop high quality,
- The ability to thrive in
fast-pacedenvironment, while being driven to achieve great results.
- Experience designing, developing and delivering web and mobile applications with a focus on the front end.
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field and have a good understanding of data structures and algorithms.
We’d also love to see:
- Experience or knowledge of functional programming languages like Clojure, Elm, or Scala
- Experience or knowledge of backend technology and frameworks, especially Java.
- Open source projects or presentations at meetups and conferences.
- Educational domain background.
Location and More about us:
Curriculum Associates is a socially responsible, rapidly growing EdTech company located northwest of Boston, MA. Need a ride to our office in North Billerica? Our shuttle picks up from a number of Boston area "T" stops.
Want to explore more? Check us out on social media:
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.