Supervising Editor, ELL (Math)
Supervising Editor, ELL (Math)
At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
We are looking for an editorial leader with expertise in engaging and supporting English language learners in mathematics to join our talented team. Curriculum Associates is committed to creating culturally diverse, anti-biased, and top-quality educational materials and solutions and to becoming an anti-racist organization. We are looking for someone with the same passion for making a difference for teachers and students, particularly English learners/multilingual learners.
The Supervising Editor will be responsible for driving the conceptualizing and execution of English learner support in our mathematics product lines. The successful candidate is a creative, hands-on leader who can work closely across functional groups s (editorial, design, production, etc.) to develop a strong product model and solve the problems required to deliver it on time and within budget. The ideal candidate is a life-long learner who is collaborative, proactive, highly-organized, and passionate about supporting teams in creating high-quality instruction.
The impact you’ll have:
- Lead ideation and planning of support to serve English learners in collaboration with K–8 mathematics teams
- Develop guidelines, prototypes, and other planning tools for scaffolding and supports for English learners in mathematics
- Collaborate with Director of ELL and Access & Equity team to create guidelines and examples of English learner support across content areas
- Work with advisors and others to ensure that language supports reflect current research and best practice, are age-appropriate, and are practical for teachers
- Monitor instructional quality of language support features throughout the development cycle, from concept to final product
- Lead staff, freelancers, and external vendors, providing training and support as needed. Supervise overall performance. Model effective editorial leadership
What we’re looking for:
- Mission-driven candidates who can work at a fast pace, thrive in a dynamic environment, and demonstrate a record of achievement
- 5+ years in the conceptualization and development of print instructional materials for K–8 English learners in mathematics
- Proven project management skills, including planning, scheduling, and supervising staff and vendors. Ability to proactively and creatively solve problems related to product development
- A hands-on approach and a commitment to working collaboratively with teams and a wide range of people to ensure that our products meet the highest standards of instructional quality and editorial excellence
- Excellent writing and editing skills, and experience creating clear and detailed documentation that explains key processes and approaches
- Familiarity with national and state standards for K–8 mathematics and English language development
We’d also love to see:
- Experience as a classroom teacher or district-level administrator working with English learners
- Experience developing digital materials and/or K–8 literacy materials
- Proficiency in language(s) other than English, particularly Spanish, Haitian Creole, Arabic, Vietnamese, or Mandarin
- Commitment to anti-racism, anti-bias, and culturally responsive teaching in daily interactions as well as product development
- Experience working with state textbook adoptions
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.