At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
We are seeking to hire a Staff Accountant to join our growing Finance and Accounting team. This role will support monthly close processes, general accounting and adoption of accounting guidance, reporting, and process improvements to gain efficiencies. The Staff Accountant will cross collaborate within the finance organization and with other CA departments such as Finance, Tax, Treasury, Legal, and Operations. This role offers a tremendous opportunity to make a positive impact with a growing company. The successful candidate will be someone who is excited to go beyond the traditional accounting responsibilities and work in a team to help grow and scale the company!
The impact you’ll have:
- Assist in month-end close activities, including account reconciliations as part of the month-end close process, and booking journal entries.
- Assist in month end and quarter end fluctuation analysis for both the balance sheet and income statement.
- Help build scalable accounting processes to support growth within the Curriculum Associates organization.
- Prepare year-end schedules for auditors.
- Partner with system s and operations team s to support internal financial system s and automation.
- Support various special projects and ad hoc tasks as necessary.
- Maintain and update internal documentation for processes.
- Support, adhere to, and help maintain strong internal control policies and procedures.
- Assist in cross-functional initiatives and communicate progress effectively.
- Participate in other responsibilities as assigned.
Who we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Two plus years of accounting experience
- Thorough understanding of generally accepted accounting principles
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to handle multiple activities
- Strong organization skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage workload and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Exceptional verbal and written communications
- Team player: comfortable operating within a dynamic, com plex organizational structure and able to be flexible and collaborate with team on different projects and needs
Location: Currently, all CA employees are working remotely due to Covid-19. Once it's safe to do so, many members of the team will return to our Billerica, MA office. CA has implemented a flexible work approach, which enables employees on office-based teams to work in-office 2 days/week and remotely 3 days/week.
Compensation & Benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, vision insurance, and employer contributed 401K.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.