Supervising Editor, K-2 ELA
Our Commitment to Diversity: Curriculum Associates (CA) hires people, not positions. If you feel energized by what you read here, but aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! We believe diverse backgrounds lead to innovative thinking, making our products better for the educators and 8 million students we serve. Above all, we’re looking for the right person to grow with us!
The Supervising Editor will develop products from conceptualization to finished product. The Supervising Editor will prototype, edit and approve educational materials for students and teachers of English Language Arts, including foundational skills (phonics) and reading comprehension for Grades K-2.
The ideal candidate will be innovative and creative in their approach to content, have strong knowledge of state standards and state assessments, proficiency in developing standards-aligned content, a thorough understanding of pedagogy and educational best practices in ELA pedagogy, especially in foundational skills, and have demonstrated experience in leading teams to develop ELA content for print and/or digital products. You will work alongside a mission-driven team that is focused on developing high-quality, instructionally sound educational resources that support anti-racist beliefs and equity for all learners.
The impact you’ll have:
- Lead the development of student lesson and teacher guide materials incorporating Common Core or state-specific pedagogy and practices
- Manage editorial teams, writers and developers to create student and teacher-facing materials against editorial guidelines and company standards of quality
- Be responsible for developing editorial guidelines and ensuring comprehensive standards-based skills coverage, including staying on top and sharing the latest educational research and best practices
- Ensure that the project stays on schedule and within budget
Who we’re looking for:
- A strong leader with the ability to motivate and grow teams
- Ability to prioritize and track deliverables on a daily basis
- Demonstrated commitment to developing high quality, instructionally sound content
- Proven understanding of foundational skills pedagogy at Grades K-2
- Ability to provide constructive feedback to team members to help them refine skills and reduce mistakes
- Proficiency in the use of computers and software programs including MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Adobe Acrobat, and Woodwing
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in education, language arts, or a related field
- 7+ years of Editorial experience in educational publishing
- Teaching or other classroom experience
- Strong knowledge of Foundational Skills and/or Early Literacy
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.