Information Technology Quality Assurance Engineer
At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Curriculum Associates seeks an experienced Quality Assurance Specialist to lead our business systems testing efforts. This position is responsible for analyzing, designing, and testing software applications and all associated integrations. The QA Specialist will design, develop, and execute test plans for functional, performance, and stability verification.
Why join this team:
Our PMO and Application Services team are a passionate group of servant leaders supporting high-performing teams. We are committed to quality, continuously learning, and relentlessly improving. Our work directly impacts the company’s goals and mission. Want to make a difference? Join us!
The impact you’ll have:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Review business requirements; create and document use/test cases
- Develop and execute end-to-end functional tests for validating that functionality has been successfully developed and delivered
- Prepare, stage data required, and execute tests at the functional test levels
- Ability to describe defects with enough detail for a developer to understand and reproduce, and for business owners to understand user impact
- Write T-SQL to verify data correctness and are knowledgeable of other tools and techniques to help with data-intensive testing
- Log tests, evaluate the results and document the deviations from expected results
- If any failures, document the defects via a tracking tool and work with developer(s) to remediate and retest until successful
- Assist developers in quickly investigating problems reported during QA/UAT
- Track open issues and provide status updates via tracking software
- Create release notes, training documentation, and train business users on new or enhanced functionality
- Plan and facilitate UAT sessions with business stakeholders with the goal of achieving business signoff
- Train Business Analyst and end-user stakeholders testing best practices and related concepts to help drive overall quality
Who we’re looking for:
Successful candidates will thrive in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate a record of achievement:
- 3+ years’ experience in IT including testing on IT Business System implementations
- Experience testing Tier 1 CRM and/or ERP applications; cloud or on-premise-based deployments
- Solid experience with testing automation tools
- 1-2 years’ experience writing T-SQL
- Understand JSON, XML, and SOAP/Rest web services
- Business Analyst experience – skilled at completing tasks like revising/improving system requirement specs or modifying complex information systems. Create BRD and FDD
- A thorough understanding of Project Life Cycle management methodologies and controls
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Communicate with all levels of the organization, from individual contributors to leadership
- Strong organizational skills, problem-solving skills, and detail orientated
- Listen and support teams in problem-identification and decision making
- Encourage an environment that values mutual respect, openness, and courage
- Think beyond day-to-day activities
- Ability to manage and delegate work as part of a team in a matrix environment
More about this role:
Location: North Billerica, MA (remote until deemed safe to return to the office)
Starting Date: ASAP
Compensation & Benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.