At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Curriculum Associates is seeking a highly motivated, detailed oriented Financial Analyst to join our Financial Planning & Analysis team. This role will be responsible for performing various financial activities including budgeting, forecasting, and reporting to support decision-making, with a key focus on supporting the needs of the Company’s Board of Directors. The ideal candidate is an analytical problem solver who can communicate effectively across functions.
The impact you’ll have:
- Support monthly and quarterly reporting to the Board of Directors, including developing financial reports and presentations and ensuring data accuracy.
- Support all ad-hoc requests for the company’s investors.
- Partner with Treasury to support month and quarterly bank compliance reporting.
- Support the financial planning process including monthly close, forecasting, quarterly review, annual budgeting, strategic planning, and long-term planning.
- Serve as the finance business partner for warehouse/inventory management to drive better insights into the cost of goods sold and financial statement trends.
- Support balance sheet and cash flow modeling and analytics (variance analysis, forecasting, and long-term planning)
- Provide business partnership in financial acumen and decision making as well as execution of short term and long-term plans.
- Design, build financial and operational models/scenario planning to drive long-term strategic planning and decision-making.
- Leverage data to inform ongoing process refinement and analysis, helping to foster a culture of data-driven decision-making and continuous improvement
Who we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Management, Economics, etc.
- 1-3+ years of experience FP&A, Corporate Finance, Finance Strategy, or a closely related field, with direct experience in managing, manipulating, and drawing insights from data; demonstrated history of partnering with business driving actional insights
- Demonstrated ability to build financial models for business support, including forecasting and variance analysis
- You are an expert problem solver, possessing strong quantitative and analytical abilities
- You have a detail-oriented mindset, with great attention to detail
- You are considered an advanced Excel user
- You are motivated, a self-starter with strong initiative capable of balancing multiple time-sensitive projects at one time
- You are an excellent listener with exceptional communication skills, both oral and written
- You have strong interpersonal skills and a customer service-oriented mindset
- You are comfortable in a fast-paced, purpose-driven, collaborative environment
We’d also like to see:
- Experience in education, educational publishing, or educational technology industry a plus
Location: This role will be based in our Greensboro, NC or North Billerica, MA offices. Strong remote candidates will be considered as well.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.