Director, Applications -- Sales and Service
Curriculum Associates is seeking a highly-qualified Director to serve as a leader in the Business Systems team within the Information Technology department. The Director will lead the development, operations, and support functions for our Sales and Service applications and processes. This role will work closely with the CIO and key technology and business stakeholders to develop both business and technical strategies to grow the business and drive operation efficiency improvements. Our organization is currently in a transformational phase due to our growth and changing industry; therefore, candidates with experience guiding organizations through this process are highly desired.
Why join this team:
You’ll have both hands-on and strategic involvement in scaling our core applications and services to meet the demands of a fast growing, collaborative, and dynamic organization.
The impact you’ll have:
- Provide leadership, vision and direction to our business stakeholders and senior leaders to ensure it will align and contribute to the company achieving its goals.
- Develop productive relationships with business partners across the organization to influence project direction/decisions; assess the risks of various solutions and prioritize competing business demands.
- Working with the IT Management team, define and enhance methodologies and practices for the application life cycle management in line with best practice and practical experience of continuous improvement.
- Facilitate the application governance process to gain consensus on a prioritized set of measurable business outcomes that applications and solutions must support.
- Manage a team of business analysts, developers, and system administrators, developing their skills and capabilities to meet the needs of the organization, as well as building on existing recruiting capabilities to address new needs and skills gaps.
- Work closely with IT Project Managers and Business Analysts to define project scope, milestones, tasks, issues, risks, and resource allocations.
- Manage relationships with major vendors and service providers to ensure they cost-effectively meet the needs and expectations of the organization.
- Work closely with the CIO to develop detailed budgets, evaluate products and vendors, negotiate contracts, and develop the overall IT strategy and roadmap.
Who we’re looking for:
- 15+ years of experience implementing and supporting sales and service-based applications such as Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Configure Price Quote (CPQ), community portals, etc.
- 8 – 10 years managing and leading employees and other third-party resources
- 8+ years of experience supporting Salesforce.com solutions, or other tier-1 CRM solutions, in a complex organization and customized environment.
- Proven ability to collaborate, build relationships and influence individuals at all levels in a matrix-management environment (as well as external vendors and service providers) to ensure expectations are properly established and that segregation and overlapping roles are identified and coordinated.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to perform under pressure and the management of multiple priorities with competing demands for resources.
- Strong risk assessment, problem resolution, and detailed oriented (i.e., hands-on leader).
- Demonstrated ability to engage both developers and business partners to achieve target outcomes.
- Must be available to occasionally work off-hours to support project activities and deployments.
- An undergraduate or postgraduate degree in computer science, information management, engineering, finance, business management or a related field or equivalent experience.
We’d also love to see, though not required:
- Strong project management skills, utilizing both waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Experience with ERP, business intelligence, and other related applications and processes.
- Prior experience as a application architect is a plus.
- Experience collaborating with Legal teams to negotiate the terms and conditions required to support subscription licenses agreements, statements of work, manage service agreements, etc.
More about this role:
Location: The role reports to our Concord Road, Billerica office. We offer round-trip shuttle service from Back Bay, Kenmore, Union Square, and Alewife MBTA stations.
Starting date: ASAP
Perks: Remote flexibility is an option 1 day per week as on-site needs permit.
Compensation & benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.